What to do after invitation to apply

Ozzydreams

Hello all,

Just looking for some advice on the best next steps after an invitation to apply.

I've been reading various posts and just wanted some clarification on what to do after an invitation is received...

When an invitation is received, is it best to then create the immi account via this page BEFORE appying for the visa.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Heal/meeting-the-health-requirement/health-examinations/my-health-declarations

So as to be able to book and complete medicals.

Also, doing police check and other docs, then when everything is complete go on to apply for visa.

Or, apply for visa and upload what forms I have done already ie form 80/1221 and then just upload medicals and police check when they come through?

Hope this makes sense!

Thanks in advance!

It is recommended that you do not do medicals and police checks until you are specifically asked to do them.

This is is because they can expire, they will shorten the length of time you have to make initial entry and if there is something else wrong with your application it is an extra expense avoided.

Thanks Bungo,

So am I right in saying, once you get the invite, you 'apply' and will be given the TRN number required to then book your medical? Or do you wait for someone to actually tell you to book one?

Thanks

It is recommended that you do not do medicals and police checks until you are specifically asked to do them.

This is is because they can expire, they will shorten the length of time you have to make initial entry and if there is something else wrong with your application it is an extra expense avoided.

Thanks Bungo,

So am I right in saying, once you get the invite, you 'apply' and will be given the TRN number required to then book your medical? Or do you wait for someone to actually tell you to book one?

Thanks

It is recommended (by immigration themselves) that you wait until somebody specifically write to you and instructs you to book medicals and organise police checks. Of course some people choose to ignore that advice or are not aware of it and just book them anyway.

Archived