My Health Declaration qu

BlueKangaroo

I will be applying for an onshore partner visa (820/801) and I'm confused from the border.gov.au website as to whether I should do the My Health Declaration process before lodging the visa application.

On the partner visa subclass 820 and 801 page it says it should be done first, but on the My Health Declaration page it says not to apply in advance if the visa processing time is likely to be more than 6 months.

OK thanks, makes sense. If I did do it in advance is worst case scenario that I'd have to pay to redo it later on? I was hoping as I'm a really straightforward case the process might be quite quick but I guess I'm probably being unrealistically optimistic ;-)

OK thanks, makes sense. If I did do it in advance is worst case scenario that I'd have to pay to redo it later on? I was hoping as I'm a really straightforward case the process might be quite quick but I guess I'm probably being unrealistically optimistic ;-)

Yes worst case is it will expire and you will have to redo it (if the officer doesn't give you a 6-months extension which COULD be granted on an officer's discretion)

Archived