I've passed a free online migration test and need more info about migrating my family to Aus

Vorni

Hi All,

I'm a chartered architect with 14yrs post qualification experience considering migrating to Australia. I've passed a free online migration assessment with the following results:

189 Independent - 65

190 State - 70

489 State - 75

Apparently, I am needed in Western Australia.

I have a partner who has a degree and is a finance manager, a 12yr old daughter at secondary school and a 21yr old daughter who is a teaching assistant. The elder daughter is engaged but her partner has no degree and is a senior sales consultant for EE.

I have a mortgage but also have equity in my property and a good amount of savings. I have no debts other than the mortgage, which is sub £50k.

How can I get the whole family to Aus?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Vorni,

Subject to further checks of your documents and information to make sure you meet all the relevant criteria, as well as checking your point scores to make sure they are accurate, I would tentatively say it'd be possible to get you, your partner, and your 12 year old on a skilled independent visa easily.

However, the 21 year old is another story. She'd have to apply on her own as she is not considered your dependent any longer. Her occupation is currently in low demand, but we MAY BE able to explore other possible options based on her degree for instance.

Hi Ahmad,

Thank you. My older daughter doesn't have a degree, she is a teaching assistant.

This might be an issue as my partner will not migrate without both daughters (and the daughter's fiancee). Any ideas?

Hi Ahmad,

Thank you. My older daughter doesn't have a degree, she is a teaching assistant.

This might be an issue as my partner will not migrate without both daughters (and the daughter's fiancee). Any ideas?

Hi Vorni

The problem is that since your older daughter is working and has a partner, she fails the dependency test and is no longer your dependent. She'd need to qualify on her own, or her partner to qualify, so that they can move.

Any particular skills the daughter's partner may have?

Another potential pathway is for the older daughter to apply as a student here to re-skill herself into some skill that is on the occupations list. It's a costly pathway and not guaranteed a PR at the end but still possible.

Archived