want to start the ball rolling

Guest dunnarunna

Guest dunnarunna

hello there

after studying this site which is brilliant and has answered lots of questions just by reading others comments i wondered if anyone could help me with a specific question about the tra form

i think we will try to do the forms ourselves but just wondering exactly how far you have to go back with employment, hubby is a general builder has several skills but will apply as bricklayer & has been working for the same employer for the last 5+ years he has city & guilds qualifications & worked for same employer when he first got them too, but in between he subcontracted with a few employers & also give up the trade for a while in between (in recessions!) so do we have to only list jobs relevant to the trade & do you have to get references from all employers or just last 6 years.

i think we have a straightforward case as husband has been employed rather than self employed, but really wasnt sure even after looking at websites exactly what they want to know

any help will be gratefully received

thats if you understand this i do tend to waffle on!!!!

Guest dunnarunna

oh well might as well give it a go what have we to lose (apart from about £130 for application) still cheaper than an agent!

we`ve decided like others on here that we not prepared to sit there when we are old saying we could have done that.

time to grab bull by the horns before its too late, now we`ve made the decision its very scary but at same time exciting, we also have never been there but hubby knows he cant spend another 20 years working in outdoors in our winters!!!!

im sure we`ll be posting lots of questions from now on

thanks donna

Archived