EOI Invitation Date Predictions

mohsent

Hello Everyone!

I would highly appreciate any advice based on your expertise.

What are the chances of getting an invitation for a Mechanical Engineer with 60 points submitting the EOI in July 2016?

And how long would it take to be invited if we were to make a conservative prediction?

As you know Industrial, Mechanical and Production Engineers had a 14% reduction to 1,539 placements this year. And this occupation was fully filled in 2015-16.

Basically I'm submitting my EOI (with just 60 points) this month and my current visa expires in January 2017. Should I be worried?

Hello Mohsen,

For the latest invitation round (22/06/16), the lowest points score of those invited to apply for a Subclass 189 visa was 60 (Visa date of effect: 21 June 2016 11.41 pm); so you can be expected to be invited without delay.

Due to high levels of demand, some occupations will be subject to pro rata arrangements to ensure availability of invitations across the programme year; Mechanical Engineer occupation is not included in this arrangement; so you can be expected to be invited at 6 or 20 July 2016.

When your occupation reaches its quota for subclass 189 and 489 Skilled – Family Sponsored visas (1788); no more invitations will be issued until July 2017.

Hello Sina,

Yes, but no invitation was given to a mechanical engineer during the 22nd of June round as the occupation ceiling was reached.

Archived