Too old for PR?

ClaireyD

I'm on a 457 and work as a registered nurse. Hubby and I have recently started talking of staying permanently. Thing is I'm 51. Am I too old to apply for PR. I think I am but just wanted someone to confirm so I can rule it out. Thank you.

Hi Clairey,

Yes you're too old to apply for General Skilled Migration, and most likely not going to be paid enough to qualify for PR using employer sponsorship. There are some other options which people use, such as a 457 visa followed by a retirement visa but that kind of pathway needs professional advice.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Hi Clairey,

Yes you're too old to apply for General Skilled Migration, and most likely not going to be paid enough to qualify for PR using employer sponsorship. There are some other options which people use, such as a 457 visa followed by a retirement visa but that kind of pathway needs professional advice.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Hi George,

When you say retirement visa? Do you mean one of those temporary investor visas? Or is there really a pathway to permanent migration?