ENS 186 Direct Entry Stream Eligibility

eiger

I emigrated to Australia from the UK in June 2014 on a 457 visa, but I have recently been made redundant from that employer. I wish to gain my PR as soon as possible, so I am looking at the permanent visa options.

I have found a company that wishes to nominate me for a 186 visa under the same occupation as my 457.

I have worked for 2 years in my occupation in Australia, and I have a positive skills assessment from VetAssess for that occupation, however on the skills assessment outcome letter under the "point test advice" section, it states with regards to my previous employment in the UK: "the tasks undertaken are not closely related to the ANZSCO tasks for the nominated occupation"

Does this mean that I would not qualify as having "3 years of relevant work experience" in my occupation for the purposes of a 186 application?

It is my understanding that in order to have qualified for my 457 in the first place, I needed to have relevant work experience prior to the 457 visa being granted. Surely this then means that this prior work experience should qualify towards the 3 years of prior work experience required for the subclass 186?

As always, any help/advice would be hugely appreciated!!

As far as I know, the DIBP will carry out their own investigations regarding the relevant work experience. But if the assessing body says that its not closely related then I doubt the DIBP will see it any differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived