Adelaide to Darwin

beach pig

Thinking of just jumping in the car it's a v8 awd and just going for it my Aussie mates look at me and say I am crazy but would love to do it.i am crazy and just do things on impulse. My oldest daughter who is 17 is up for it. Sod it I am going for it and the adventure and look back on the trip as a crazy one but hey life is for living.

V8 AWD, Volvo XC90?

Lots to see on the way.

Fill the tank before turning off for Uluru and bring some extra to get back to the highway. Back to Alice via Kings Canyon is another option. Better than Uluru imo.

V8 AWD, Volvo XC90?

Lots to see on the way.

Fill the tank before turning off for Uluru and bring some extra to get back to the highway. Back to Alice via Kings Canyon is another option. Better than Uluru imo.

Cheers for the reply mate any advice is welcome

Nah just a supercharged 6.2 adventra with all the bells and whistles. Thirsty for the trip I know but I will take fuel and provisions with us. But I also don't want to plan it to much I just want to go for it and meet the obstacles on the way.

You can't be too worried about fuel consumption with a car like that. Neither am I, but I felt sick when I had to fill up at Uluru.

The road to Kings Canyon is rough, but nowhere near as bad as the overcautious warnings.

Just plan to go to Mindil markets in Darwin on Sunday evening and everything else on the way will fall into place.

Guest The Pom Queen

And on the plus side there are no speed limits in place on the road to Darwin once you hit NT.

Mataranka springs is lovely and worth a stop.

Basically I just want a adventure where I can look back at my daughter and say remember that trip. For all its trials and tribulations.

Bugga me!! I did something like that over 50 years ago...Mate called me and said that he and his brother were heading up to Broome (we were in Bunbury at the time) and asked if I wanted to come and share costs. Next morning we were on our way. Three months later we got back to Bunbury after Broome and the Darwin and Whyalla.

And what an adventure we had.:yes:

Do it, mate!

Cheers, Bobj.