Employment Evidence

welder85

Hi all, I'm applying for my 189 visa and have come up with an issue that I've asked a lot of people about but nobody can give me a definite answer...Do I need payslips, tax forms, references and bank statements from EACH employer OR can I miss a payslip but have the other two? Or payslip and bank statement but no reference (one company has closed down).

Thanks in advance

Hi Welder85 -

This is generally within the discretion of case officers, however usually you need to show proof of payment of one kind or another for all work experience you wish to claim for points. Normally if you do not have all payslips from a particular year or period, other third party evidence such as bank statements or tax notices can work. If you were self-employed, that makes things a bit more difficult but the same general principals apply.

Hope this helps -

Best,

Mark Northam

Hi all, I'm applying for my 189 visa and have come up with an issue that I've asked a lot of people about but nobody can give me a definite answer...Do I need payslips, tax forms, references and bank statements from EACH employer OR can I miss a payslip but have the other two? Or payslip and bank statement but no reference (one company has closed down).

Thanks in advance

Hi Welder85 -

I'm not sure that would be sufficient - the reference letter is fine to confirm employment, but DIBP generally wants evidence of payment as well for employment claimed for work experience. "a few payslips" may not be sufficient by themselves - I'd look for any other corroborating evidence such as tax documents, or see if you can get your old bank statements from the bank, etc. If none of that works, perhaps a signed statement from the payroll department of the employer or something like that might help.

Hi Mark,

That really helps, I have a document from the tax office clearly showing I had been paid for the period I'm claiming for in 07/08. Just one other thing, in the last 10 years I've been employed and self employed, will DIBP want me to go back to every employer/customer for a reference for the Self Employed work?

I am in the same predicament.

Been with same employer for the entire 8years claimed for. A small company of 4, no pay slips issued and payments are done in cash and most of the entries on bank statement are not consistent. Could this be the reason for my delay (97days from lodgment with employment verification done 12th April and employer confirmed he pays cash).

What other evidence can I give? Tax returns in my country are manually done. Please Help

Archived