SETTLING IN THE SUNSHINE COAST AREA?

Guest JAMIEKERRIE

Guest JAMIEKERRIE

HI THERE,

My partner Kerrie and myself, Jamie have just been granted permanent residency visas for Australia and intend, all being well, to migrate to the Sunshine coast area in August 2007 (after my bro's wedding). It is also our intention to go over again for another short holiday during my shut-down week at the end of May 2007, for another "look" to re-fresh our memories, as we think this would be sensible.

We feel it is very important that we now speak/contact as many people as possible who are in the same situation/recently migrated and settled in the Sunshine Coast/Brisbane areas.

Anyway, i'm Jamie, I am 33years old, and we applied on me as I’m a metal machinist/engineer and my partner, Kerrie, who is 28 years old is a qualified hair dresser, but currently working in retail. It only took approx 9months to be granted our independent permanent visa.

We live in Rugby in the West Midlands, about 10miles from Coventry and we would like to settle in the Maroochydore /Mooloolabah/ Caloundra/ Buderim area, but not yet decided!

So if all this sounds relevant, please get in touch!jamie.kerrie50@ntlworld.com

Regards, Jamie & Kerrie

Guest Craig and Susan Reith

hi just read your message, we live in coventry and our still waitng for our visa's. we hope to go to the brisbane area , but not sure where. If all goes to plan we hope to leave august time too. If you have any info on area'sthat are good , or anything usefull as you are further ahead than us .Please let us know.

su and craig

Guest takisawa

Hi. We visited the Sunshine Coast at the end of a 3 week holiday to Australia last year. We only spent one night there, in Coloundra, after visiting family in Brisbane.

Coulundra had a lovely feel to it, and in honesty was the only place where we felt that we were experiencing the real Australia. I remember sitting on the balcony of our apartment and watching an Australian family playing on the park, before having a barbeque using the FREE facilities by the beach. Whenever I get fed up about being stuck here in the UK I think about what life would be like down under.

We really wish we had allowed more time as we fell in love with the place. I would move there tommorrow, but have not yet managed to convince my wife...!!! So to say I am envious of you is an understatement...but I wish you all the very best.

Anyway, I have uploaded a few pics I took in Coloundra and downtown Brisbane to wet your appetite. Click link below.

All the best...

Paul. Staffs.

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pten2106/album?.dir=/5146re2[/code]

Archived