WA driving license with no Category D documents?

JEM44

Hi all, we have just arrived in Perth and looking to change our driving licenses however, hubby is not in receipt of his early UK pension and neither of us is rushing out to find work, so how do we get a license as it states for forms of ID you need at least one category D piece of evidence, which is either a letter from an employer or from a principal (of which we have neither) how do retired people of housewives etc get round this?

please can anyone help?

Thanks

laura

Hi Laura

I changed my licence to a WA one back in October last year and couldn't provide category D evidence, you can just submit another B or C category document instead. I called into the Willagee licensing centre with (I think!) a copy of my visa, passport, bank card and statement and medicare card -filled in the paperwork, paid the fee, had a photograph taken and my licence arrived within a week.

The transport website says "Please note: A document listed in category B or C containing your current residential address is an acceptable document for category D, as long as that document has not already been used to satisfy category B or C."

Here's the link: http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/mediaFiles/licensing/LBU_FS_YourSecureID.pdf

Hi all, we have just arrived in Perth and looking to change our driving licenses however, hubby is not in receipt of his early UK pension and neither of us is rushing out to find work, so how do we get a license as it states for forms of ID you need at least one category D piece of evidence, which is either a letter from an employer or from a principal (of which we have neither) how do retired people of housewives etc get round this?

please can anyone help?

Thanks

laura

I took a look at the requirements and I noticed this note

Please note: A document listed in category B or Ccontaining your current residential address is an acceptabledocument for category D, as long as that document hasnot already been used to satisfy category B or C.

If you can provide something from category B or C that has your address on you will be fine as long as you haven't already used that as part of your B or C requirements. Personally I wouldn't rush it. You have 3 months to sort it out.