Brickie moving to Perth

Sam Thomas

Hi Guys,

recently got my subclass 189 visa granted and am heading to WA in the new year.

Any advice on how, as a bricklayer I should go about getting work? Also heard its slowed down a lot in the construction industry, is this true or just vicious rumours? I would really appreciate any advice anyone can offer.

Get on gumtree , once your here you can get the Wednesday, Saturday + Sunday paper as these will have jobs but as you already have stated it is slow. Initially try and live central if you can because this will help with traffic in the mornings ( pretty bad depending on where you live and the where the job is) rates would be between $35 - 45 hr, really just depends on who you work for and how good you are.

No probs, things may of changed for brickies by the time you get here ( good or bad) so save your pennies..........accomodation wise you could also look at house shares where you basically rent a bedroom not the entire house so bit cheaper but living with strangers?? Good luck with it all.