Best visitor visa options for my mum

JEM44

Hi, we are emigrating to Perth in a fortnight. My mum is just looking at booking her flights to come and visit and as thinking October to Feb 17 but I'm not sure if she can only stay for 3 months on a visitor visa. Although a few state that you can stay for up to 3 months (as many times as you want) for the length of the 12 month visa, so theoretically you could visit 3 times for 3 months in the year???

is there a visa she can get that will allow four months tourist visa or are we bound by 3 months? And does she even need a visa, or is it just a case or turn up with a return flight and get your passport stamped? She seems to think this is what happened when she went to NZ which clearly my have different rules, but that her passport was stamped for 6 months entry.

She prob will only visit over the winter each year until she can apply for a contributory visa.

Thanks for any help.

Laura

Hi, we are emigrating to Perth in a fortnight. My mum is just looking at booking her flights to come and visit and as thinking October to Feb 17 but I'm not sure if she can only stay for 3 months on a visitor visa. Although a few state that you can stay for up to 3 months (as many times as you want) for the length of the 12 month visa, so theoretically you could visit 3 times for 3 months in the year???

is there a visa she can get that will allow four months tourist visa or are we bound by 3 months? And does she even need a visa, or is it just a case or turn up with a return flight and get your passport stamped? She seems to think this is what happened when she went to NZ which clearly my have different rules, but that her passport was stamped for 6 months entry.

She prob will only visit over the winter each year until she can apply for a contributory visa.

Thanks for any help.

Laura

[h=2]Visitor visa (subclass 600) - external site[/h] Provides a visa for people travelling to Australia as a tourist, to see family or for business for up to three, six or 12 months.

[h=3]More[/h] Visitor visa online application