Proving experience of self employed trade do i need a TRA assessment

howards

Yes there is plenty work yes my husband was in talks with a company they offered us a 457 visa but was based in Sydney and I didn't want to go there also they are a state that charges schools fees on a 457, so will contact them once we have our PR visa but we have few companies and a recruitment lady who said she wants help us out ;-) yes She starts in September she already goes to the nursery there we hoping we have the Visa by the end of the year and looking to go new year time get Christmas out the way etc, we are from Staines near Heathrow. We have keep in touch on this thread :wink: heading same way.. How is your family my mum and dad are being great my in laws however are putting pressure on us as they don't want us to go think there going miss the grandchildren but I know the children will benefit so much more and be better for them.. its hard isn't it?

wow maybe we will start talking to some companies I didn't realise they would be interested unless we were out there or on our way! Might be able to secure a 457 that way and go out there earlier while waiting for our 189 to complete if that's possible ??!? Yes defiantly keep in touch on here and let each other know when we get PTA back! We are very lucky both our families are very supportive and have taken the news sooo well which if I'm honest I'm quite shocked by ! I know it's early but we have put the house on the market as we are so keen to get going ASAP if the house completes before the visa we are happy to go into rented over here if need be . And I don't like to think about it but if we don't get a visa we have decided we need a change anyway ;)

hi nissa thanks for your help and reply. We already have a positive skills assessment back from acts as TRA do not do a skills assessment for cabinet makers we have just put a experience points test into the TRA as adviced by our agent so we have been informed we can put an EOI while waiting for this just wondered if anyone knew how long this would take ?

Oh I see ok, for ours its TRA only that we needed before we can submit our EOI - ours is in now and state sponsorship applied for so just need to hear from them which we hope will only be a week or two as they are coming back really quick according to our agent and because we are going on a 489 visa you automatically get invited to put your application in apparently so it's all happening very quickly since the TRA came back.

i certainly hope you get a response quicker from TRA - the waiting is awful isn't it , good luck with it all xx

yes he is cabinet maker. No job lined up just going over and hopefully sort it from there, when we get a little closer he said he will try and enquire with a few companies. Does your hubby have a job lined up? Does your little girl start school In September ? We are from Southampton you,?

Good to know we are not the only ones in Southampton going through this Xx

Oh I see ok, for ours its TRA only that we needed before we can submit our EOI - ours is in now and state sponsorship applied for so just need to hear from them which we hope will only be a week or two as they are coming back really quick according to our agent and because we are going on a 489 visa you automatically get invited to put your application in apparently so it's all happening very quickly since the TRA came back.

i certainly hope you get a response quicker from TRA - the waiting is awful isn't it , good luck with it all xx

hi nissa strange we are both in Southampton. Where are you planning on going in oz?

hi nissa strange we are both in Southampton. Where are you planning on going in oz?

hi Howards

we had 4 options for SS but have applied and are hoping for SS for south Australia (Adelaide). We wanted Brisbane but unfortunately Queensland are not sponsoring my hubby's trade. However we need SS to make up our points so will do 2 years in SA (providing we get it) to abide by the requirements then will re-assess after that, of course if we are settled and love it we will stay but hubby has been to Brisbane and loved it there. We will have to see where we end up but looking at it all as an adventure so who knows.

nissa x

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone

I am really confused now. we also have positive skill assessment and have just lodged EOI and found out about the TRA points. He is a cabinet maker and over 15 years experience in the same role - evidenced by payslips etc.

Does he still have to put in for the TRA? I can't believe I have missed this if so. The reference we used was the one off his cabinet making certificate from ACTS.

Will I have to withdraw or if he has all of his evidence of work would that be enough to upload?

even if he has pay slips as he is not self employed?

Hi here is our situation it might help you a bit.

i am applying for a 189 visa as a cabinet maker

i have rcvd a positive skills assessment from Acts. My migration agent advised me to apply for a PTA (points test advisory) from the TRA. This apparently will confirm to our case officer at visa application stage that we have the relevant experience to match the Australian qualification awarded during skills assessment.

we are currently 5 weeks into a possible 12 week wait for the result from the TRA.

Hi here is our situation it might help you a bit.

i am applying for a 189 visa as a cabinet maker

i have rcvd a positive skills assessment from Acts. My migration agent advised me to apply for a PTA (points test advisory) from the TRA. This apparently will confirm to our case officer at visa application stage that we have the relevant experience to match the Australian qualification awarded during skills assessment.

we are currently 5 weeks into a possible 12 week wait for the result from the TRA.

thank you

he is just ordering copies of employment history from HMRC as we only had 3 years payslips etc for skills assessment and we are claiming for 8...i'm such an idiot.

Sorry forgot to mention. I have 12 years experience as a cabinet maker. But I have no formal qualification, therefore the TRA view the first 3 years as an unofficial apprenticeship ( backed up by my employer) meaning I can only claim 9 years experience.

thank you

he is just ordering copies of employment history from HMRC as we only had 3 years payslips etc for skills assessment and we are claiming for 8...i'm such an idiot.

your not an idiot. Better finding out now that when you have been invited and losing all your visa fee. Google TRA guidelines for the assessment you need. It's a boring read but it has all the info you need. There are such things as secondary evidence and primary evidence. Anything I can help with just ask.

your not an idiot. Better finding out now that when you have been invited and losing all your visa fee. Google TRA guidelines for the assessment you need. It's a boring read but it has all the info you need. There are such things as secondary evidence and primary evidence. Anything I can help with just ask.

Thank you. I think we will continue to get evidence, send off to TRA for the points and lodge as late as we can. If the CO then asks for proof we have our evidence and an assessment underway too. Do you think that makes sense

my only other option is to get the agent involved which is fine but I've come so far I feel a failure/ idiot to ask now and I don't know what value it may add

I wouldn't lodge your EOI until you receive your PTA letter, immigration could reject your visa I have been advised it has happened before. They could easily say your husband has only been qualified since his positive skills assessment which I know not the case the letter helps to back up the years experience your oh has..

I wouldn't lodge your EOI until you receive your PTA letter, immigration could reject your visa I have been advised it has happened before. They could easily say your husband has only been qualified since his positive skills assessment which I know not the case the letter helps to back up the years experience your oh has..

yes I agree. Don't summit your EOI. If you have retract it I could go very wrong for you if you summit

Thank you. I will look at retracting EOi although we have already had an invite I guess I have to let it expire?

i am time contra intend against October to lodge as my daughter turns 18... Oh how frustrating

is your daughter dependant on you??

Then you should be fine if you can prove that she is dependent on you. There is another thread on called "19 year old dependent " have a look. You will be fine there's no rush just make sure you get things in the right order. Don't worry about stuff you can't change and don't worry about stuff that hasn't even happened yet. Keep the faith keep the dream.

• 2 months later...

Archived