Proving experience of self employed trade do i need a TRA assessment

howards

Good morning. I am looking for some advise please. My husband has passed his skills assessment with ACTS for his trade in cabinet making and also passed his IELTS. We thought this is all we needed to go ahead and lodge an EOI however our agent is suggesting we have a TRA assessment too to prove his experience in the job. Has anyone else done this first? does it guarantee you 15points for experience.

He has been with the same company self employed as a subcontracter for 12 years has the same accountant that he has had for 12 years. What has everyone else used to prove work experience in their trades for being self employed / subcontracted. Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance for you help

Hi Howards, we are at this point to I believe it is an advisory letter from TRA but the Australia immigration are more likely to take this into account to guarantee your work experience points. It is all the same paperwork you submitted for skills assessment but everything needs to be certified, an additional 600aud to TRA and need to fill out a TRA application form we was unsure also but as we don't want anyhting to be rejected on visa application we have gone ahead and applied for it ;-)

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Howards, we are at this point to I believe it is an advisory letter from TRA but the Australia immigration are more likely to take this into account to guarantee your work experience points. It is all the same paperwork you submitted for skills assessment but everything needs to be certified, an additional 600aud to TRA and need to fill out a TRA application form we was unsure also but as we don't want anyhting to be rejected on visa application we have gone ahead and applied for it ;-)

hi lauraj1988

can an I ask when did you submit your TRA for experience and have you heard anything back yet. I'm just looking at time scales I've been told it will take 12weeks

Hi, Yes our appilcation has been submitted and we had confirmation from the TRA that the application has been lodged we have been told can take up to 60 days can come before but no longer then 60 days. I know bit of a pain to do ;-( want our visa application to be as secure as possible. :smile:

hi lauraj1988

can an I ask when did you submit your TRA for experience and have you heard anything back yet. I'm just looking at time scales I've been told it will take 12weeks

hay I believe we spoke a few months ago when I told you that you would need a TRA assessment and you where under the impression that you didn't. It takes 60 working days to process your assessment but that is given as a minimum time. I sent mine at the beginning of April so my 60 days ends in the 1st week of July. It costs $1000 around £500. The HMRC will have a record of tax paid and things like that did you have an accountant?

Hi, Yes our appilcation has been submitted and we had confirmation from the TRA that the application has been lodged we have been told can take up to 60 days can come before but no longer then 60 days. I know bit of a pain to do ;-( want our visa application to be as secure as possible. :smile:

yes we are the same thought once we had a positive acts skill assessment we could lodge the EOI and get moving but our agent advises this TRA for experience and now we are set back by 60days :( . Have you lodge EOI or are you waiting for TRA result?

hay I believe we spoke a few months ago when I told you that you would need a TRA assessment and you where under the impression that you didn't. It takes 60 working days to process your assessment but that is given as a minimum time. I sent mine at the beginning of April so my 60 days ends in the 1st week of July. It costs $1000 around £500. The HMRC will have a record of tax paid and things like that did you have an accountant?

Hi barry yes we may have done I was informed that the the skills assessment we have received would be enough but the agent says we need TRA for experience. Have you put in a skills assessment to the TRA or do you a skills assessment from somewhere else and are just applying for experience points like us ?

Same as I thought we could get rolling with EOI but it seems it could be rejected by case officer so to be on safe side we have gone ahead with the letter! My husband is a joiner too do you know where your heading in Oz? x

We hoping to move to Sunshine Coast area you? We are thinking about putting the EOI while waiting on the TRA experience as don't know how long it will take us to be invited

Hi we had our TRA back last week, it took 45 working days but it can take up to 60 working days (not including weekends or bank holidays) it cost $1000 aud . As I understand it you cannot submit an EOI until you are in receipt of a successful TRA application.

Nissa

Hi we had our TRA back last week, it took 45 working days but it can take up to 60 working days (not including weekends or bank holidays) it cost $1000 aud . As I understand it you cannot submit an EOI until you are in receipt of a successful TRA application.

Nissa

hi nissa thanks for your help and reply. We already have a positive skills assessment back from acts as TRA do not do a skills assessment for cabinet makers we have just put a experience points test into the TRA as adviced by our agent so we have been informed we can put an EOI while waiting for this just wondered if anyone knew how long this would take ?

Nissa

hay what skill was yours for? When did you send it? I have heard of people waiting 5 months for the result.

Hi barry yes we may have done I was informed that the the skills assessment we have received would be enough but the agent says we need TRA for experience. Have you put in a skills assessment to the TRA or do you a skills assessment from somewhere else and are just applying for experience points like us ?

its for experience points hopefully 15. You can't summit your EOI until you have a positive result from them. It goes through the department of education in Australia. They basically are making sure you know your job and have been doing it over a certain time. It is very much like your assessment by act but that was to gain the qualification that is recognised in Australia. Have you sent your TRA in yet?

its for experience points hopefully 15. You can't summit your EOI until you have a positive result from them. It goes through the department of education in Australia. They basically are making sure you know your job and have been doing it over a certain time. It is very much like your assessment by act but that was to gain the qualification that is recognised in Australia. Have you sent your TRA in yet?

yes sent it in 2 weeks ago !

We hoping to move to Sunshine Coast area you? We are thinking about putting the EOI while waiting on the TRA experience as don't know how long it will take us to be invited

Hi Howards are you going for a 189visa or 190visa? We are going for 190Visa and NSW looking good for joinery

Hi Howards are you going for a 189visa or 190visa? We are going for 190Visa and NSW looking good for joinery

we are going for a 189. Not enjoying this waiting game I feel like that's all we've been doing lately ! Waiting for ielts results, then skills assessment now the TRA before the EOI and then the visa . I take it you haven't heard from TRA ? I was hoping as it's just a PTA and not a full skills assessment it might be quicker

we are going for a 189. Not enjoying this waiting game I feel like that's all we've been doing lately ! Waiting for ielts results, then skills assessment now the TRA before the EOI and then the visa . I take it you haven't heard from TRA ? I was hoping as it's just a PTA and not a full skills assessment it might be quicker

Hi, no ours was only lodged 2 weeks ago so a while yet, I know what u mean about waiting cant wait get it back and start rolling with it! were looking head Brisbane way too, is just you and your husband do you have any children? x

Hi, no ours was only lodged 2 weeks ago so a while yet, I know what u mean about waiting cant wait get it back and start rolling with it! were looking head Brisbane way too, is just you and your husband do you have any children? x

we have 2 children 14 and 11. I'm so impatient and this PTA is something I didn't have planned I thought we would be lodging our visa by now not having to wait another possible 10 weeks for the PTA :((. Our plan was to try to be out there by September so my youngest didn't have to start secondary over here and then start another new school over there. Do you have children? Which agent are you with?

we have 2 children 14 and 11. I'm so impatient and this PTA is something I didn't have planned I thought we would be lodging our visa by now not having to wait another possible 10 weeks for the PTA :((. Our plan was to try to be out there by September so my youngest didn't have to start secondary over here and then start another new school over there. Do you have children? Which agent are you with?

dont think you will be there for September. I may be wrong but I think the Australian school years go from Jan to December. Just enjoy the experience it is long and frustrating but you will get there. Just smile one day you will look back and say it was all worth it.

dont think you will be there for September. I may be wrong but I think the Australian school years go from Jan to December. Just enjoy the experience it is long and frustrating but you will get there. Just smile one day you will look back and say it was all worth it.

Thank you for the supportive words Barry very true I'm sure when we look back we will. Yes schools start Jan just didn't want daughter to start a new school over here then a few months later over there but I think your right our idea of being there in September has now gone out the window with this PTA never mind I'm just pleased we are in with a chance of going at all :) . Now you've got you TRA are you putting your EOI in?

Hey I have 2 children also my boy is 7 and my little girl is 4, I know what you mean with the starting school here. We are with Go Matilda they have been really good with us, was your husband a cabinet maker does he have a job lined up or are you getting over there and then looking for work? Where about in the UK are you from? :smile:

Hey I have 2 children also my boy is 7 and my little girl is 4, I know what you mean with the starting school here. We are with Go Matilda they have been really good with us, was your husband a cabinet maker does he have a job lined up or are you getting over there and then looking for work? Where about in the UK are you from? :smile:

yes he is cabinet maker. No job lined up just going over and hopefully sort it from there, when we get a little closer he said he will try and enquire with a few companies. Does your hubby have a job lined up? Does your little girl start school In September ? We are from Southampton you,?

yes he is cabinet maker. No job lined up just going over and hopefully sort it from there, when we get a little closer he said he will try and enquire with a few companies. Does your hubby have a job lined up? Does your little girl start school In September ? We are from Southampton you,?

Yes there is plenty work yes my husband was in talks with a company they offered us a 457 visa but was based in Sydney and I didn't want to go there also they are a state that charges schools fees on a 457, so will contact them once we have our PR visa but we have few companies and a recruitment lady who said she wants help us out ;-) yes She starts in September she already goes to the nursery there we hoping we have the Visa by the end of the year and looking to go new year time get Christmas out the way etc, we are from Staines near Heathrow. We have keep in touch on this thread :wink: heading same way.. How is your family my mum and dad are being great my in laws however are putting pressure on us as they don't want us to go think there going miss the grandchildren but I know the children will benefit so much more and be better for them.. its hard isn't it?

Archived