Help!

Amzlou84

Hi guys. Hubs has been offered a job with 90k salary in melbourne. Can a family of four live off this reasonably comfortably? I will start work as a midwife hopefully, but itll take a while to get registered, so i will be out of work for a bit! Any thoughts appreciated.

Are you planning on living in mornington whilst he works in the cbd?

If so, transportation costs are going to be high, drive to frankston, train to the city. Miki costs are an unknown to me,

but, the link below has our costs.

Same shire, same rate of pay for jobs really.

My job as a teacher brings in about $93k before tax, and the ohs nursing is 2 days per week.

You can add a nursing bank shift every two weeks, of $9k (which is worth $17k as a FBT) per year to hers which we dont add to these figures as its saved in a trip back to the uk every few years, account.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/money-finance/244744-cost-living-melbourne-2016-a.html

Hi guys. Hubs has been offered a job with 90k salary in melbourne. Can a family of four live off this reasonably comfortably? I will start work as a midwife hopefully, but itll take a while to get registered, so i will be out of work for a bit! Any thoughts appreciated.

Some people will live comfortably and some will not. It is very much down to the individual. My answer for example would be at no, I would not even consider moving across the world with a family on $90k but the next person might say something completely different.

Best thing to do is compare to your own situation. Could you live comfortably in the south east, not London, but SE on say £40k? If you think that yes you could, then you can do this too. Of course once you are up and running you are back to two incomes, so maybe the question is just can you tide yourself over on something like £40k

As a uk teacher who had passed through threshold i was only on £32k, and that hasnt changed much since 2009.

So even $80k was fantastic when we arrived.

And the oh got over a 50% pay rise by swapping countries too........

Thank you all for your input. My husband will work from home (its a field based role) so his car and travel expenses are covered by the company. Yes, we plan on living in mornington? I would thencommute to wherever i get a job. Id like to do bank work. Maybe 2 shifts a week? The spreadsheet is very helpful thank you.

Archived