HELP.. Just finished 189 EOI and its says I have reached 55 points, but can submit?

Sausagesmuggler

Hello,

I have just completed my EOI for a 189 visa in Bricklaying. I was aware and amounted my points minimum total at 60. I have just completed the form, and it's saying at the end I have reached a total of 55 points but still giving me the option to submit the form?

I worked it out as being, 30 points for being 27, 20 points for superior English in my PTE exam and 10 points for my positive skills assessment?

can someone please shed some light on my sitution?

I've been back through it several times and it looks as though it's only giving me 5 points for my positive skills assessment?!

Ahhhhh, the stress!

Well to be honest, I didn't know there were any points for skills assessments. Do you have a trade qualification that you could use for qualification points?

OK just had a look, there is nothing that could earn 5 points for qualification. It is either 10, 15 or 20.

I suspect you have ticked the "Australian Educational qualification" this provides 5 points. But this is not the right thing, this is for people that undertook study in Australia. You need to uncheck this box and go back through it and claim for qualifications in the right place. Sorry I do not have an application in front of me so I cannot be more specific, but you have filled it in wrong and need to correct it.

Edited by Bungo

Hello,

I have just completed my EOI for a 189 visa in Bricklaying. I was aware and amounted my points minimum total at 60. I have just completed the form, and it's saying at the end I have reached a total of 55 points but still giving me the option to submit the form?

I worked it out as being, 30 points for being 27, 20 points for superior English in my PTE exam and 10 points for my positive skills assessment?

can someone please shed some light on my sitution?

Hi,

I think you may need to take advice on this because if you accidentally enter the points incorrectly on your EOI, this can cause you big trouble later on. I heard it also messes up the selection process. Perhaps consult one of the good agents on this site? Very best of luck to you. I am also having hell with my visa!

Hi,

I think you may need to take advice on this because if you accidentally enter the points incorrectly on your EOI, this can cause you big trouble later on. I heard it also messes up the selection process. Perhaps consult one of the good agents on this site? Very best of luck to you. I am also having hell with my visa!

I suspect he has just ticked the wrong box as per my post above (just edited).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33502[/ATTACH]

Maybe I read this wrong?

No, you have filled in the form wrong. It states ten points, there is no option for five points so you must have filled in the form wrong. I have given you a suggestion of where to look in my post above, please take a look there.