if 190 applied onshore, an applicant must be onshore ?

henryolonga

Hello,

I must say that this forum is extremely beneficial for applicants like me for seeking their immigration dream come true for Australia.

To cut long story short, I would say that I have options to either apply 190 visa on-shore or off-shore. (i.e. My 572 student visa is expiring at the end of June 2016 and I have plans to travel FOR overseas (4 months at least) due to unavoidable circumstances/family matters at the end of this month)

If I apply onshore 190 visa:

Question 1: Since my BVA will be effective at the end of June 2016, Can I apply/setup for bridging visa B after submitting 190 visa application this month? It means that as soon as my student visa will expire, I would get BVB instead of BVA. Can this be done after submission of 190 application?

Question 2: If the answer of above question is YES, What will happen if I am outside Australia when my 190 visa application is due to be finalized? I believe an applicant needs to be onshore at the time of grant of the visa? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks in advance,

Henry

Hi Henry, if you do manage to lodge a 190 visa while you are onshore, then yes, you will be granted a BVA, then you can apply for a BVB to allow you to travel. You may be in or outside Australia at the time of 190 grant- it doesn't matter.

Hello,

I must say that this forum is extremely beneficial for applicants like me for seeking their immigration dream come true for Australia.

To cut long story short, I would say that I have options to either apply 190 visa on-shore or off-shore. (i.e. My 572 student visa is expiring at the end of June 2016 and I have plans to travel FOR overseas (4 months at least) due to unavoidable circumstances/family matters at the end of this month)

If I apply onshore 190 visa:

Question 1: Since my BVA will be effective at the end of June 2016, Can I apply/setup for bridging visa B after submitting 190 visa application this month? It means that as soon as my student visa will expire, I would get BVB instead of BVA. Can this be done after submission of 190 application?

Question 2: If the answer of above question is YES, What will happen if I am outside Australia when my 190 visa application is due to be finalized? I believe an applicant needs to be onshore at the time of grant of the visa? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks in advance,

Henry

Hi Henry, if you do manage to lodge a 190 visa while you are onshore, then yes, you will be granted a BVA, then you can apply for a BVB to allow you to travel. You may be in or outside Australia at the time of 190 grant- it doesn't matter.

Thanks for the response.

Although I have applied for visa 190 last week, I have not seen any email from the department yet except one which states something similar as following:

"your EOI has been cancelled due to lodgement of 190 visa application"

Please advise about the following as it will help me a lot:

1) How long will it take for a case officer to pick my case ? (An average time period ? )

2) The reason why I am asking question number 1 is because I am not sure when there will b a request for medical and PCC ?

3) Since I have provided sufficient documentation (qualification, experience, assessment, English language result etc) at the time of invitation, will there be another stage where I will be required to re-submit those documents (qualification, experience, assessment, English language result etc) ?

Bundles of thanks in advance,

Regards,

Henry

Henry if you lodged and paid for the visa you should have received an automatically generated Acknowledgment letter from the Department of Immigration. it could take several weeks or a few months for the Department to pick up your case. They will ask you to complete medicals and submit police clearances at that time. Alternatively you could choose to do those things now. At time of invitation you do not upload any documents to the account; so you need to upload them now that you have submitted a visa.

Thanks for the response.

Although I have applied for visa 190 last week, I have not seen any email from the department yet except one which states something similar as following:

"your EOI has been cancelled due to lodgement of 190 visa application"

Please advise about the following as it will help me a lot:

1) How long will it take for a case officer to pick my case ? (An average time period ? )

2) The reason why I am asking question number 1 is because I am not sure when there will b a request for medical and PCC ?

3) Since I have provided sufficient documentation (qualification, experience, assessment, English language result etc) at the time of invitation, will there be another stage where I will be required to re-submit those documents (qualification, experience, assessment, English language result etc) ?

Bundles of thanks in advance,

Regards,

Henry

Henry if you lodged and paid for the visa you should have received an automatically generated Acknowledgment letter from the Department of Immigration. it could take several weeks or a few months for the Department to pick up your case. They will ask you to complete medicals and submit police clearances at that time. Alternatively you could choose to do those things now. At time of invitation you do not upload any documents to the account; so you need to upload them now that you have submitted a visa.

Many thanks for the response once again.

Yes, I have lodged and paid for the visa. I have the acknowledgement letter with me. With regards to medicals and police clearances, I am more than happy to do it later whenever there is a request from the department.

I am unable to understand the following statement as I cannot view any link in the application to upload the documents.

"At time of invitation you do not upload any documents to the account; so you need to upload them now that you have submitted a visa"

After entering the skillselect (i.e. "Enter EOI id and password to login"), I can view the following links on right hand side of the screen:

Department of Immigration and Border Protection Homepage

SkillSelect Information

SkillSelect FAQs

ASRI Database

Skilled Migration Points Test 189

Skilled Migration Points Test 190

Skilled Migration Points Test 489

Updates in skilled migration

Skilled Migration Blog

Continue a Saved Online Visa Application

Technical Support Site

Adobe PDF Reader

Terms and conditions

Privacy statement

On top of the screen, two tabs are provided as "EOI homepage" & "Correspondence"

I would really appreciate if you could please advise about the link/location to upload the documents?

Once again, thanks for the valuable comments and help.

Regards,

Henry

Archived