Medical and Police checks

Jordan01

Hi everyone

We have just submitted my other half's partner visa with Visa Bureau.

Can we get his medical and police check done before he is invited as we have been told the current processing time is up to 14 months.

If so, how does he go about it?

Many thanks in advance.

Barry and Debbie :wink:

Hi everyone

We have just submitted my other half's partner visa with Visa Bureau.

Can we get his medical and police check done before he is invited as we have been told the current processing time is up to 14 months.

If so, how does he go about it?

Many thanks in advance.

Barry and Debbie :wink:

you can get them done at any time, just bare in mind that the first one you do... starts the clock ticking for the year you have to activate your visa. For example if your PCC was done tomorrow, then you would have one year from tomorrow to first visit OZ and activate your visa.

Police check can be done online, and doesn't cost much

https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

medicals ; can be done at most private hospitals, check you local ones

personally I'd wait until you submit your visa ...unless your in a rush.

Thank you so much for your reply.

We are scheduled to move July 2017 as we have organised schooling for our two teenage children.

If we are looking at 14 months for the visa to be granted this would definitely put us under pressure as we have organised schools for our children and are in the process of lining up work.

Just wondered if there was anything we could do to take the pressure off.

Many thanks again!

We are scheduled to move July 2017 as we have organised schooling for our two teenage children.

If we are looking at 14 months for the visa to be granted this would definitely put us under pressure as we have organised schools for our children and are in the process of lining up work.

Many thanks again!

I'd wait until July if i where you, at least then you will have a year to move, before your visa expires.

Are you sure about 14 months...that seems a very long time, ours took 4 - 5 months to grant the visa after applying...and i submitted the medials and PCC after applying when requested by the case officer.

Many thanks again!

this is similar to us. We are not leaving until August so we can't do our police checks or medicals until then otherwise they will be out of date. We are ready to EOI.

I guess the thing is to get as much ready as you can and then get them done in July which would mean you could express June time?

Hi Guys - The PCC checks and medicals are valid for one year and need to be valid up to the date of VISA grant. They do not need to be within one year of your migration to Australia...!!!

:huh:now im confused ...hearing conflicting info:arghh:

You will be given a date you have to enter Australia by. This is usually 12 months from whichever you got done first (police or medical). Entering Aus will validate your visa. You do not need to emigrate at that point. Some people use it as a recce then emigrate at their leisure ( within 5 yrs of th visa grant I think)

If your med/police check has run out because you went ahead and did it early, you will have to pay for them again....but that's your risk to take. ( though I have seen 1 member post that they are adamant the date can be extended!)

I would wait until the CO asks. Doing them early will have no bearing on when your visa is granted.

:huh:now im confused ...hearing conflicting info:arghh:

Yeah that post confused me :) , once your visa is granted you you will have one year from the date (which ever was first ) that the PCC or medical was done, to visit OZ and activate your PR visa ( presuming your going for a PR visa) . You must visit or move to OZ within a year of the Medical or PCC ( which ever was first) . The PCC or medicals are valid for a year ( i think), but this is only relevant to the date the visa is granted ...its relevant after.

Yeah that post confused me :) , once your visa is granted you you will have one year from the date (which ever was first ) that the PCC or medical was done, to visit OZ and activate your PR visa ( presuming your going for a PR visa) . You must visit or move to OZ within a year of the Medical or PCC ( which ever was first) . The PCC or medicals are valid for a year ( i think), but this is only relevant to the date the visa is granted ...its relevant after.

yes thank you all clear now!! phew

Thank you all for the great advice we will be patient!

The visa agent we are using told us it could take up to 14 months to issue this was only last week.

Have done all we can for now.

:wink: xxx

out of interest which agent are you using?

A partner visa is not an invitation visa. Once its submitted its lodged.

I'd wait till requested by your CO before undertaking medical and police check. Fwiw the current processing time is 10-14 months. Perhaps sooner as happens to some. Be prepared for a possible visa activation trip if it comes through on the early side if your time to move is set.

Archived