New to town ...

Guest Andy & Caz Blake

Guest Andy & Caz Blake

hi everyone,

Just joined and obviously already have at least one thing in common with you all !

We are an Army family, currently based/living in Germany ... coming to the end of my service and looking to transfer over to the Australian army ... was wondering if there were any others out there in the same boat ? By the way, VERY relieved to see so many others who have never been before and are just 'going for it' !!

Looking forward to hearing what you all have to say .... 8)

Guest thistles and gum trees
hi everyone,

Just joined and obviously already have at least one thing in common with you all !

We are an Army family, currently based/living in Germany ... coming to the end of my service and looking to transfer over to the Australian army ... was wondering if there were any others out there in the same boat ? By the way, VERY relieved to see so many others who have never been before and are just 'going for it' !!

Hi Welcome,

We are in the same boat. RAF family stationed in Cyprus coming to the end of our time and been given an offer by the RAAF. Moving to East Sale next year (medicals etc going well) and have never been there before. Have no family or friends down there but know its the right thing and looking forward to the adventure! Expecting to be in VIc for 11 months then on to Williamtown NSW. The kids are exctied and we are getting loads of school info at the moment. This is a great web site with loads of people giving fab advice. There are lots of ex mil families moving down and there appears to have been a recent sweep of ADF interviews for all services. Hope all goes well for you. Don't have much knowledge, but if you want to compare notes, drop us a post.

hi everyone,

There are a few of us on here who are transferring, just ask away!

We are hoping to go to Victoria, to a camp just north of Melbourne. We've not been to Australia before it seems too good an opportunity to miss! My OH is also just coming to the end of his time and it's easier for my OH to get a job in Australia than it is over here! :roll:

Hope all goes well for you and keep us updated :D

Guest Andy & Caz Blake

hi to you all and thanks for your replies ..

Having had a chance to look through the site's forum and it seems everyone is so much further down the line than we are ! LOL I have a friend who moved down south with the Australian forces (he actually left as a corporal after 15 years ! Pension obviously wasn't worth it LOL) and he gave me the e-mail details for SCMA. I dropped them a line, and they sent me an application form which I duly returned along with my CR's and everything else. This was about a year ago, and after 4 months of not hearing anything back I contacted them again. I then recieved it all back along with a very nice letter from a half colonel advising me that I was a little too far away from my service completion and to resubmit my application 12 months from discharge ... and that's not until June next year. A little frustrating, as I hear different tips from different sources about what's best to do ! Very tempted to whack it all back in again now and see what happens.

Does the way I've done things sound about right ? Apologies for the essay (!), but hoping to hear loads more advice

Regards,

Andy & Caz

Guest uksniper

I applied and sent my paperwork off when I still had over two and a half years to go. I never heard anything until 18 months later.Had the interview this October and am awaiting the formal letter.

Andy have you ever served in Brecon as an Instructor?

Good luck on the application.

Guest Andy & Caz Blake

hi sniper,

never been to brecon in nearly 21 years of service LOL and I'm RLC so I'm sure we don't know each other.

Reference your application, who did you send off your application to after completing it ?

Cheers for your reply

Guest uksniper

Same name different chap. No prbs Andy, your right my knowledge of RLC is very little.

I sent the application paperwork off to scma.osenlist@defence.gov.au

They got back to me to say they had it but then I never heard anything till this august.

An RLC lad got in on the day I had the interview. He's off to pucka next year.

Good luck.

Mat

Archived