Brisbane suburbs

Suziedoll

Hi all me again!

Looking some recommendations of areas to look at in Brisbane.

I would really like a village feel with local shops and cafes and a park. Maybe even a local doctors. Somewhere that you can walk to from your house.

Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Have a look at the thread in QLD that Captain Roberto started. Has got comments on suburbs. Most suburbs have their own shops, at least 1 park, doctors, possibly dentist. Have a think about transport links too and how close you want to be to beaches/ CBD/ your place of work. Also depends on your budget.

Samford village would be my dream location. Beautiful views, beautiful houses, little shops, park, supermarket, schools. Just a bit too expensive for us and not on the train line (although does have a great new cycle path to Ferny Grove).

It is possible but you would be looking at the not so smart areas or those that are a very long way out. The areas that we looked in the starting prices for 4 bed are $500,000. If you are looking at real estate do look at 3 beds as most have huge 'rumpus ' rooms and although not legal height would function as a guest room. With your budget have a look at Arana Hills, Keperra, Everton Park / Everton Hills. A long way out are places such as North Lakes but very estatey and packed with English families so not much of a cultural mix.

When we located our chosen suburb went round all the streets using Google street view which was very useful.

The best affordable village like suburb is Mitchelton but still that costs more than that budget. Could afford next door in Keperra but there's a lot of social housing there. I'd probably look at Ferny Hills.

Ferny Hills you would struggle to get 4 bed with that budget too! Agree re Keperra though - some nice parts but very mixed.

Sorry yeah Ferny Hills would be a 3 bedder most likely at that price.

Archived