Planning to join my daughter permanently in Australia -

KatyM

My daughter moved to Brisbane in 2007 and is now a permanent resident of Australia and works in a Brisbane private hospital since 2008. My brother has lived in Brisbane for over 30 years. I am 61 years of age and now want to plan the rest of my life living close to my brother and daughter and grandchildren in Australia. Any pointers how I should go about this move would be much appreciated.

Hi KatyM

I think the only sensible way you can do this is to apply for a 143 Contributory Parent Visa - it does cost though, hence the Contributory part of the name:wideeyed:

Currently first payment is AUD$3695, payable on lodgement of application and second payment of AUD$43600, payable close to the time the visa will be granted (approx 2 years right now). Your sponsor (your daughter) also has to lodge a AUD$10000 bond with Centrelink) :swoon:

Non-Contributory Parent Visas are much cheaper but the queue time is something like 15 years + now.

If you want to be out here in Oz and enjoying time with your daughter, grandchildren and your brother then the CPV is really the only viable option.

There is a specific thread on here that is for CPV applicants and you can find lots of excellent information and support on there :smile:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/77756-brand-new-pio-parents-visa-thread.html

Archived