ANMAC + Aphra together?

TravellingKatherine

Hi,

Have finally got brave enough to start the process for applying for my 189. I have booked my ielts for 7th May!

I have a adult nursing degree and 3 years experience (though I'm struggling to get a reference for my 1st year so I can get the points from it).

When I was working at who at my old university to get in contact with for transcripts I realised I'd have to ask for them twice. Once for ANMAC and again for Aphra.

I wasn't intending on moving out to Oz this year although I could. I'd got in my head that I wouldn't get my visa granted this year now. Was kind of thinking maybe early next year. But all advice welcome!

So I now have a couple of questions:

Do I apply for anmac and aphra at the same time?

How long does aphra registration last once it's granted?

Am I likely to get a visa granted this year if I start the process at the end of May?

Once the visa is granted is it easy enough to transfer it to a new passport (mine expires next year).

I'm sure I'll think of 101 other questions as I gather the documents I need.

But wanting to get on with it now as I'm getting seriously sick of the NHS.

Katherine

Hi

I Applied for both at the same time as lots of the paperwork you need is duplicated and it was easier and cheaper to get all documents certified all in one go. Another reason was I thought AHPRA would take ages from what I had read about the difficulties people had getting registered

Here is my time line do far

ANMAC 14.10.15 - positive outcome 11.01.16

AHPRA 14.10.15 - positive outcome 07.01.16 (you have 1 year from date of grant to present in person with your ID)

EOI 15.01.16

Invite to apply 22.01.16

Visa application lodged 22.02.16 just waiting now.........

I hope that helps

I too submitted both my aphra and anmac within a few days of each other. Please see my timeline below. From the start of doing my ielts to visa being granted it was 4 days shy of 6 months.

i sent off my aphra at the end of November 27th I think and anmac 4th December.

Yup, same here. You would have a year from AHPRA registraton to present yourself in person.

Remember, either organisation will hold onto your documents sent to them directly from your education provider, and then match them up with your application when they receive it.

Not sure about the passport question - a migration agent may be able to advise?

And as for the NHS comment.....yup. Get out while you can!

Archived