ANMAC skills assessment and points for 189 visa

Larad86

I have a question which I'm hoping someone could answer.

I started the the process of working towards obtaining the 189 visa about September last year. I am a nurse but have only just been qualified for 2 years so accept that I am unable to obtain points for work experience as a nurse therefore in order for us to get the necessary points we need to get 8s on the IELTS. I have already obtained the necessary 7's required for the skills assessment via ANMAC. I have a received a positive skills assessment which states that my BSc qualification is recognised. The next thing now is sit the IELTS until I get 8. Which is what I am finding difficult. I know that the PTE is a possibility and it's something I may still do.

my question is that say for instance it gets to a stage where the time is nearing to be 3 years qualified which would give me an additional 5 points would I need to re-submit an ANMAC application for them to recognise my work experience in addition to my qualification. Or how do you go about getting your years experience recognised??

please help!!!

thank you

Hi, the best advice I can give as I am in a similar position, is to resit the IELTS but this time do the general test. I also used the barrons revision books.

I got the 8s in the general test and have now lodged the visa application. Good luck x