Ex British Army Mechanics?

paulc1

Hi there everyone

I was wondering if there are any ex army mechanics who have moved to australia on a skilled visa.

I am currently in the army as a heavy vehicle mechanic and looking to moving to perth but i am a bit worried about the skills assessment.

I know there are plenty of threads about the skills assesment but i would like to know what i should read up on most. Iam looking at starting my application in August and have a wife and 2 year old son.

I would really appreciate any advice anyone could give me as i would like be prepared as possible. Thanks ☺☺☺

There are a number of things you need to do. This is the main starting point https://www.border.gov.au/

You need to check your points - you need 60 as a minimum. Many people find they are short of points and the most common way of dealing with that is by taking English exams such as ILETS.

You need to check which (if any) of the lists your occupation is on as this will determine which visa you may be eligible for.

Go through the skills assessment details very carefully including the post qualification experience requirements.

Look at the practical aspects such as jobs - not great for your occupation in Perth at the moment, but that could change by the time you are making the move.

Do be aware that the skilled occupation lists change on July 1 every year

Thanks verystormy for the reply. I have checked and iam on the sol i have also spoke to an agent who has told me i have enough points for the visa.

We are quite lucky as i have family already in perth so we will have somewhere to stay and a car etc. I was hoping someone would know what kind of questions you are asked in the assesment and what i should be reading up on.

☺☺

Archived