Migration Agent issues?

Matt

I'm in the process of getting all the details I need sorted out before I apply for a visa. I paid a migration agent for a consult that we had in the middle of March, and have not heard from him since. I have sent two emails between the last three weeks and haven't heard anything.

What is a reasonable time for a Migration Agent to respond to emails? I understand that he may need to research some of the questions I had before he can come back with solid answers, and he has other clients he's working with, but this seems pretty unprofessional to me...

Am I being unreasonable? Should I find someone else?

I'm in the process of getting all the details I need sorted out before I apply for a visa. I paid a migration agent for a consult that we had in the middle of March, and have not heard from him since. I have sent two emails between the last three weeks and haven't heard anything.

What is a reasonable time for a Migration Agent to respond to emails? I understand that he may need to research some of the questions I had before he can come back with solid answers, and he has other clients he's working with, but this seems pretty unprofessional to me...

Am I being unreasonable? Should I find someone else?

Well you you said you paid for a consult? Did you then go onto engage them to handle your appplication? If so, then it doesn't sound very promising to me and I would probably look to end the relationship. However if you did only pay for a consultation, I am not sure that you can reasonably expect them to handle follow up questions.

Thanks for your replys.

It wasn't so much follow up questions, but a few questions he couldn't answer on the spot, and said he would look into.

I did say I would like his help with the application process, but I can't move forward with that until the questions I initially requested the consult for are answered.

Thanks for your replys.

It wasn't so much follow up questions, but a few questions he couldn't answer on the spot, and said he would look into.

I did say I would like his help with the application process, but I can't move forward with that until the questions I initially requested the consult for are answered.

Well I honestly don't think you can expect him to prioritise questions which you mentioned need research above attending to the needs of paying clients. If questions do need researching, they are probably beyond the scope of what would be in an initial consultation. Perhaps this is a misunderstanding and perhaps he meant he would look into certain things should you wish to proceed..?

Any questions you want to share on here? There are a few laypeople about that have been through the process and know a few things.

@Matt if you feel the agent hasn't done what was agreed, it might be worth looking around, wether or not it was a misunderstand, as I'm sure you will always have doubts about what is and what hasn't been done in the future. I have used Go Matilda, and never had any reason to be disappointed by them, I am sure others on the site can recommend other MARA agents. @Alan Collett is a member of this site, might be worthwhile contacting him.