ANMAC References advice

TravellingKatherine

I need some advice. I have been a qualified adult nurse almost 3 years.

I was hoping to use my experience (once I get to 3 years in June) towards point a for a 189 visa but I'm really struggling to find someone from my previous employer to write the professional reference.

If I decide not to use my experience for points assessment do I still need to supply all my work history in professional references or just prove that I've got 3 months working experience?

I can get the points I need by getting a better score in my IELTS test. Unless anyone has advice on how to find someone at an old employer to write a reference??

Thank you!

Guest Priscilla101

I used hr to write that I was employed from X till X. You can get a peer - who was your preceptee mentor or buddy on the areas you were in?

You only need someone from your current role to do the ANMAC letter. There is no way around it though as the letter needs to include your skills based against the ANZSCO code you are asking to be assessed against. You need to do it exactly as they ask you to. They will also expect to see your work history but you just have to declare your CV to be true and accurate. You can chose to leave out your work experience when it comes to submitting your EOI if you don't want to claim points for it, but for anmac I think there isn't a choice. Is your current line manager or senior nurse not willing to do you one?

That might be for the actual visa aplication. My agent left out my work experience as I had 75 points with it. I was initially confused why she didn't add it in but I have heard of people having to hunt down references from companies that have gone bust etc maybe thats where it comes from? I have been through ANMAC and I only needed a statement of service covering how ever long they wanted, which HR did, the statement from my current manager in the format anmac want and a cv that I had signed to say that it was true and accurate. The only other stuff I sent was certified documents etc and stuff from the NMC. ANMAC have a checklist on their site I think which might be worth looking at. Good luck, hope you get the ielts points you want.

• 3 months later...

Archived