Best state primary school in Gold Coast...

pmcg

Hi,

Could someone familiar with Gold Coast tell me which state primary school is required as the best (and it's closest contenders) - I've a seven year old girl and want to locate ourselves in the same area as the best school? Going to be moving from N.Ireland and working in Southport. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thx.

Hi,

Could someone familiar with Gold Coast tell me which state primary school is required as the best (and it's closest contenders) - I've a seven year old girl and want to locate ourselves in the same area as the best school? Going to be moving from N.Ireland and working in Southport. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thx.

Hello,

Depends were you live for state schools, as they have catchment areas and most of the school enrolments are managed... see here http://www.qgso.qld.gov.au/maps/edmap/

Australia doesn't do "best" lists - tall poppies are chopped off at the knees. Get a rental in a place you are happy living in and the suburb will be reflected in the local school. If you're happy living there then chances are you will be happy with the school.

Australia doesn't do "best" lists - tall poppies are chopped off at the knees. Get a rental in a place you are happy living in and the suburb will be reflected in the local school. If you're happy living there then chances are you will be happy with the school.

I have found this website very useful when looking at primary schools, you can compare academic performance http://bettereducation.com.au/CompareSchools/primary/qld/compare_qld_primary_schools.aspx

Are you wanting it based purely on test results? If so, great NAPLAN or whatever else test results do not always = best school. There is so much more to it that that. Also principals, teachers, extra curriculum, social and more.

Its a subjective thing. What do you want from a school for your child? What are you hoping it offers?

Archived