can i withdraw student visa once 189 PR applied

azam7777

HI Captain / Team I have seen your great help.

Iam really need help here-

My situation.-

I have received my invitation in January and apply 189, now I am waiting for almost 2 months. What I need to know is --

1. How much current estimation CO or immi is taking to issue 189 visa .?

2. I was on TR 485 before then moved to student to stay legally in australia wile i was waiting for invitation - Now since i applied 189 PR already, can i can withdraw student visa now , if then what briding visa i will be to stay and legally work full rights. As i do not want to continue studies due to financial difficulty all i studied because of waiting for invitation before.

Please if you can provide with above query will be great and what number i have to call to withdraw student visa if applicable .

Also my brother has submitted EOI with 60 points with skilled ICT business analyst in AUg 30 , 2015 more than 6-7 months not yet received . Do you have any idea when he can get this invitation.

THanks ALi

No way of knowing really how long it will take from here. Sometimes it can be very quick, like a couple of months but I am guessing that you are from a HR country (by your language) in which case it can take longer as there are extra verification processes to follow.

If you were to give up your study and cancel your student visa, then you would be in a very poor situation indeed. You would be on Bridging Visa E, which has no travel rights and no work rights. I wouldn't do it, stick with the studies for now.

My situation.-

I have received my invitation in January and apply 189, now I am waiting for almost 2 months. What I need to know is --

2. I was on TR 485 before then moved to student to stay legally in australia wile i was waiting for invitation - Now since i applied 189 PR already, can i can withdraw student visa now , if then what briding visa i will be to stay and legally work full rights. As i do not want to continue studies due to financial difficulty all i studied because of waiting for invitation before.

Please if you can provide with above query will be great and what number i have to call to withdraw student visa if applicable .

Also my brother has submitted EOI with 60 points with skilled ICT business analyst in AUg 30 , 2015 more than 6-7 months not yet received . Do you have any idea when he can get this invitation.

THanks ALi

Hi Ali,

1. Impossible question. But 2 months is not a long time. The target is to have 75% of applications processed within 3 months.

2. If you are no longer a student then you are not entitled to that visa.

You may have overcomplicated the situation for yourself, but I am fairly sure you'll be issued with a BVE

Regarding your brothers EOI. I would imagine that he's got another 8-9 months to wait until he's got a chance of an invitation.

• 6 months later...

My situation.-

THanks ALi

I actually having the same situation, please help!

But I got a Bridging C with full permission to work and study when I got the EOI.

can i withdraw the student visa? i am currently under the bridging A that granted me when I apply for a student visa.

But I got a Bridging C with full permission to work and study when I got the EOI.

can i withdraw the student visa? i am currently under the bridging A that granted me when I apply for a student visa.

Same situation means same answer.

Your post doesn't make sense by the way, one sentence you say you have BVC and the next you say you have BVA.

Same situation means same answer.

Your post doesn't make sense by the way, one sentence you say you have BVC and the next you say you have BVA.

nah man, it make sense

I am currently under BVA, and when I applied 189 visa, they granted me a BVC(NIL) which is not in effect when my BVA is still in effect.

I would check with an agent. I've never heard of a bridging visa e being granted for when an a expires, as a doesn't expire until the substantive visa you applied for is either granted or rejected. It sounds like there has been some confusion.

ive been checking with 3 agents, they are all not sure if i withdraw my student visa request process (the BVA would be withdrawed as well, cuz it's related), the BVC will effect after that or not.

• 1 year later...
On 11/2/2016 at 13:37, billy96998 said:

Hi Billy,

I'm exactly in the same situation as you. My 485 was about to expire so I applied for a student visa on 22/10/2017 and BVA was granted.

I received the invitation for 189 on 06/12/2017 and applied for the visa on 07/12/2017. Today, I was granted BVC saying this visa is not in effect because my BVA is currently in effect.

My question here is, did you withdraw your student visa on your own or wait until CO guided you?

Hope to hear from you soon.

And thanks in advance 

Archived