Need advise on what to prepare/bring for PR application while moving out on 457

daffodilly

Dear all,

I need some guidance on what documents etc to get ready before leaving. I am currently waiting for my 457 visa. However, will like to apply for skills assessment and PR if possible next year. I am not sure if there is a thread on this subject already, if so please guide me.

Can I use my 457 medical report for PR application if its within a year? I understand we need to add HIV test, can I just add that to the current medical report?

I wasn't asked for police clearance yet for my 457, will I be able to get one while in Australia?

One last question, when we apply for PR will the CO have access to our 457 visa documents submitted? MY 457 is done by MA so I do not exactly have a copy of what they submit.

thanks for reading and hope to get some insight.

I believe a PR medical is different to a 457 medical. Your CO for the permanent visa application may very well be able to dig out old details, but you should not expect them to. Treat the permanent visa application as something completed separate (which it is of course) and send everything that is required.

Dear all,

I need some guidance on what documents etc to get ready before leaving. I am currently waiting for my 457 visa. However, will like to apply for skills assessment and PR if possible next year. I am not sure if there is a thread on this subject already, if so please guide me.

Can I use my 457 medical report for PR application if its within a year? I understand we need to add HIV test, can I just add that to the current medical report?

I wasn't asked for police clearance yet for my 457, will I be able to get one while in Australia?

One last question, when we apply for PR will the CO have access to our 457 visa documents submitted? MY 457 is done by MA so I do not exactly have a copy of what they submit.

thanks for reading and hope to get some insight.

Hi There, we have just submitted for PR from a 457 and you will pretty much need to supply everything again. We have done it via an MA but still needed to submit passports etc.. again. The medicals have to be done here at a BUPA migration medical centre as you need to pee in a cup, give blood, have an X-ray amongst other things!

As for police checks these are done online for the UK and AU and take a few weeks to be sent back to you. Everything else you will have with you like 457 info, grant numbers, passports etc..

Hope that helps :-)

Hi There, we have just submitted for PR from a 457 and you will pretty much need to supply everything again. We have done it via an MA but still needed to submit passports etc.. again. The medicals have to be done here at a BUPA migration medical centre as you need to pee in a cup, give blood, have an X-ray amongst other things!

As for police checks these are done online for the UK and AU and take a few weeks to be sent back to you. Everything else you will have with you like 457 info, grant numbers, passports etc..

Hope that helps :-)

What kind of 457 visa info will I need? Do I need to ask them for copy of my application submitted? May I ask how much does it cost to engage an MA?

What kind of 457 visa info will I need? Do I need to ask them for copy of my application submitted? May I ask how much does it cost to engage an MA?

We have been on several 457 visas due to redundancies over the past 5 years so we had to provide what visa grant numbers were one and when while living in Australia but you will have all that when your 457 is granted.

As for fees the ENS 186 VISA is $3600AUD for the main applicant and subsequent applicants over 18 is $1800AUD per applicant, the MA fees vary but $5000AUD would be in the right ballpark - So for 2 adults applying via an MA would be circa $10,000AUD. You can do it without an MA so would only need to pay the Visa fess.

We have been on several 457 visas due to redundancies over the past 5 years so we had to provide what visa grant numbers were one and when while living in Australia but you will have all that when your 457 is granted.

As for fees the ENS 186 VISA is $3600AUD for the main applicant and subsequent applicants over 18 is $1800AUD per applicant, the MA fees vary but $5000AUD would be in the right ballpark - So for 2 adults applying via an MA would be circa $10,000AUD. You can do it without an MA so would only need to pay the Visa fess.

Thanks for that :) I guess I will have to do it myself then. All the best to you

Archived