Primary school/ suburb recommendations for Brisbane

Belle1

Hi all, just wondered if anyone could give me a heads up on primary schools in Brisbane. We currently live in Sydney and our son is in a state school which is academically focused. I have looked at the school listings for 2015 and my school, but would love to get a feel from people actually in the schools there. We are keen to keep our son in an academically focused school.

We think we will be transferring to Brisbane in the near future and are looking for school & suburb recommendations. The suburb needs to be less than a 1 hour commute from cbd, we will rent initially but want to move to a decent family suburb where we can ultimately afford a 3 bed house around the 700k mark. So ideally looking for a suburb which has an academic primary and fits our buying criteria. A friend has recommended Sandgate or Wynnum but they don't have school age kids so we dont know much about the schools in those areas. Another friend recommended Bardon, but we think that will be out of our house buying capability..

Any other suggestions on where to look? We are doing a reccie trip next week, so grateful for any tips!!!

Thanks!

Archived