If I miss IED for Working Holiday Visa???

Toby Reuben

Hi all,

Just wondering, my partner has a year working holiday Visa which was granted in July 2015 but circumstances changed here in the UK with work/finances etc.

Now we're thinking of travelling out together both on WHVs, but perhaps around September time due to financial issues.

My question is, obviously this is not an emergency or health issue so her IED wouldn't be extended, but if she was to miss her entry date, is it still possible for her to apply and pay for another working holiday visa to be granted once hers has expired, or do you only ever get ONE shot at a WHV in your lifetime regardless of whether you actually activate it or not?

Hope this isn't too confusing, thanks again to anyone who might be able to help us :)

If there was a change of circumstances, it might be worth your partner contacting the DIBP to explain the situation. It is feasible that they might "waive" the IED, but I would imagine that even if they do so, the termination date for the visa will not be amended.

If anyone can correct me on this, I am happy to stand corrected! :)

As long as you haven't actually entered Australia then you can get a new one. You just let it expire after July and then reapply. Or you could probably email them and ask them to cancel it before then. That's what I had to do but it was a little difficult. They said on the phone at London that they could then told me to email this place but those people said it wasn't possible and I never heard back from them. Then on my birthday I got an email saying it was cancelled.

Archived