Any ideas

Big A

Hi all,I'm going to be arriving in Australia around the end of year on a 489 regional visa and had my heart set on meadow springs or mandurah area wa but there is not a lot of work about for welders.If anyone out there knows of any nice regional areas with welding jobs ,it would be appreciated if you could point me in the right direction.

Karratha maybe?

Port Headland?

Looking on Seek there appears to be more welding jobs there than elsewhere, although most workers probably FIFO and cost of living is quite possibily rather high - that said with the downturn, some of these places may be like ghost towns now and there will be bargains to be had property wise.

I'm back in the UK so hopefully someone closer to the ground can advise. Is your visa tied to WA?

Adelaide may be a good option if not as I believe the city itself is still considered regional.

Hi there,no I can go anywhere in Australia as long it is regional ,i have to live for 2 years and work for 1 in a regional area ,I just wanted to go to Perth because I've been there before and have friends there but I have to be employed for the best part of 2 years between myself and my wife before we can get our pr.Thanks for reply ,I'll look at Adelaide ,thanks again.

This confirms all of SA is regional for migration purposes

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Allocation-dates-for-General-Skilled-Migration-applications/regional-growth#sa

I have no idea what the employment is like there, was just thinking regional WA is a harsh place to live and employment isn't great anywhere in WA from what I hear (we used to live Perth)

This confirms all of SA is regional for migration purposes

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Allocation-dates-for-General-Skilled-Migration-applications/regional-growth#sa

I have no idea what the employment is like there, was just thinking regional WA is a harsh place to live and employment isn't great anywhere in WA from what I hear (we used to live Perth)

Employment is not good in Adelaide but like everywhere else there seems to be some work its just you have to really try for it Look on the South Australia forum lots of info there

Archived