Last minute panic! Nurse advice urgently needed!

nursealex

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice from nurses who have travelled across to present at AHPRA in order to gain registration.

I received my notice in principal early December 2015, and I am travelling to Sydney next week. Just trying to get everything in order and looked over the letter again, noticing the following paragraphs towards the bottom - "Timeframe on application for general registration

Under section 85 of the National Law, the NMBA has 90 days in which to decide an application. If a decision is not made in this time the application

is taken to be refused.

We propose to extend the expiry date for your application until the deadline for you to present in person, being 8 December 2016.

If you agree to this extension please advise your registration officer by email by 22 December 2015.

In the event that you do not comply with the above requests within the stated time, we will take it that you have withdrawn your application under section 80(5) of the National Law, and we will close your application for registration."

I did not reply, and I am now panicking that my application will have been closed and I won't be able to join the register when I arrive next week. Has anyone else been in this situation? I have emailed my AHPRA registration officer and I am awaiting a response.

Thanks,

Alex