Work Experience - nurse

Bushpiglet

Hi,

so...I was browsing through some forums last night and managed to scare myself. I have submitted my years of experience to my migration agent as 5. I qualified in September 2010 and have worked full time since that point.

Some forums are suggesting that the experience will only be accepted from the date of my top up degree, rather than the date I qualified?? Does anybody know for definite whether this is correct? It would seem strange, and I have asked my migration agent to look into it for me, but I was wondering if anybody on here could advise please?

Thanks, Lou.x

Work experience is from qualification, nurses need a degree so it is from when you obtained your degree as far as I am aware. Your migration agent will know this and put the correct years down on your EOI.

For me my degree was in accounting, as part of my degree I had a 14 month placement working as a "qualified" accountant basically doing the same tasks as a qualified accountant, but I obviously had not finished my degree. I could not claim this year as work experience for point so I lost 5 points. I found this out before I submitted my EOI.

Work experience is from qualification, nurses need a degree so it is from when you obtained your degree as far as I am aware. Your migration agent will know this and put the correct years down on your EOI.

For me my degree was in accounting, as part of my degree I had a 14 month placement working as a "qualified" accountant basically doing the same tasks as a qualified accountant, but I obviously had not finished my degree. I could not claim this year as work experience for point so I lost 5 points. I found this out before I submitted my EOI.

Hmmm thanks. The difficulty is that I qualified in September 2010 and have 5.5 years experience working as a qualified nurse. My degree was done alongside working full time in paid employment as a qualified nurse. The degree in this case is separate to my qualification in nursing. Eurgh...so confused...

Hmmm thanks. The difficulty is that I qualified in September 2010 and have 5.5 years experience working as a qualified nurse. My degree was done alongside working full time in paid employment as a qualified nurse. The degree in this case is separate to my qualification in nursing. Eurgh...so confused...

ANMAC need to assess you qualification and they will only assess your degree, therefore as far as I am aware work experience needs to be post this qualification.

I am not an expert here and this is purely my understanding from reading these forums. Your agent will know with certainty what you can put down so do not worry, that is why you are paying them!

OK thanks mgreaves......just have to keep my fingers crossed that ANMAC assessment comes back ok. Waiting to hear back from my migration agent. Any nurses been through the process with ANMAC who can advise please?

AHPRA I've done! But my partner didn't want to do IELTS for ANMAC so I got the skills assessment as an accountant so can't help with ANMAC specifics.

Give your agent a call, you are paying them so don't feel guilty to chase them every now and again.

Hi. Just heard back from my migration agent. They've confirmed that ANMAC recognises pre-degree work experience. Thank God! :) x

Perfect! Sorry if I scared you but that was just my experience, albeit with a different assessing body!

Archived