Best high school in the central coast

Del82

O.P.

Hi any advice or guidance would be greatly appriciated.

My family and I are planning a move to the central coast in a couple of months. We have found some areas we love however the issue we have is we have no knowledge on the high schools. Our daughter will be starting high school next year and we would really like to get her in the best high school we can.

Our daughter is middle of the road academically, I feel she is more practical than academic. She really enjoys art, photography, dance ect......

We would like a school that doesn't just focus on top grades that could support middle of the road children and offers a variety of subjects.

The schools we have been looking at are Henry Kendall; Erina; Kincumber and Narara Valley.

It's a mine field out there all the information I've found up to now contradicts each other.

I would be very grateful for any information, knowledge or thoughts that anyone has.

Thank you!!

• 2 weeks later...

Narara is a bit rough....according to my children and I have heard reports of this too. Henry Kendall used to be private I think or you had to have aboriginal history?...something like that! but it is a very good, very small school. Erina and Kincumber are your average comprehensive.....you'll do well if you get your head down, keep with the right kids etc. My daughter has just finished at Erina and is at Newcastle Uni now (started in Feb) Terrigal High is amongst the state schools in the area you mentioned.....Gosford way.... and is better than Erina and Kincumber.

Then there are very good private schools....lots of them but we couldn't afford to pay for 3 at the time. They are affordable with a decent income though.

......Erina had dance groups, performances a plenty with lots of various competitions (not sure about photography) Lots of sport of course but most schools do.....they are quite competitive, although they'll deny it!

Who needs the website with me around? :chatterbox::wink:

Edited by janlo