Living in Eastern Suburbs

brunettegal84

I grew up there. Although some of the art deco buildings are getting on a bit - there are a lot of units which makes it slightly more affordable I think. It's one of Sydney's older municipalities so kind of feels like a village of its own with lots of amenities. Gym, cinema, shopping plaza, parks, old pubs etc. It's definitely not suburban which is a plus.

Sounds like Randwick has everything I would want! Although there doesn't seem to have many shared houses for rent available. Do you know of any good websites for looking for places to rent? I've been looking on gum tree. I thought it would be better to share initially to get to know people.

I'm sorry I don't. I always lived with mum and dad! :/ And of course I moved away and then back again but that was when gumtrees were large eucalypts growing out your front door! If you can find anything around this area you will be well placed. http://www.realestate.com.au/property-apartment-nsw-randwick-412494519

A great little hub in the north of Randwick. Though this might mean you would prefer to catch the bus to work after all.

What about this website? http://www.domain.com.au/503-16-roscrea-ave-randwick-nsw-2031-10422746?topspot=1

Although this unit is taken (1 bedroom) you could contact the rental agent and tell them you want something similar in the area of your choice? This is reputable agency so you should get some assistance.

You could transfer a bond deposit to them if you're keen, though I don't know what the stipulations are regarding having to look at the apartment first? Though it's Sydney, so money talks. ;)

No worries. Good luck.

I second Randwick. A good place with lots of houseshares, because of the proximity of Uni (of NSW) and hospital. It's a really good location - good transport, good vibe, lots of facilities, loads of open space nearby. Also look in surrounding neighborhoods

Thank you. Can't wait to get out there and explore :)

Randwick is going to be close to work ... but doesnt have alot of atmosphere / not very pretty. I'd suggest Coogee or Bronte if your looking for something close to the hospital (both closer to beach).

You should also think about other areas in the Eastern Suburbs like: Paddington, Rushcutters Bay, Darlinghurst, Elizabeth Bay ... these have heaps of things to see and do (much nicer than Randwick) ... and not too far from Prince of Wales hospital by bus.

Randwick is going to be close to work ... but doesnt have alot of atmosphere / not very pretty. I'd suggest Coogee or Bronte if your looking for something close to the hospital (both closer to beach).

You should also think about other areas in the Eastern Suburbs like: Paddington, Rushcutters Bay, Darlinghurst, Elizabeth Bay ... these have heaps of things to see and do (much nicer than Randwick) ... and not too far from Prince of Wales hospital by bus.

....although it's worth pointing out that because Randwick is "not very pretty", rental accommodation there is noticeably cheaper than any of the other suburbs you mention, so she'll get a much nicer flat for her money. As the OP is someone moving permanently, I'd say spending the first six months in a nice flat that's close to work is a good way to start, she can then take her time to look for the right long-term rental in other suburbs if she likes them better.

Thank you for your advice. I will definitely look around the suburbs you have mentioned.

....although it's worth pointing out that because Randwick is "not very pretty", rental accommodation there is noticeably cheaper than any of the other suburbs you mention, so she'll get a much nicer flat for her money. As the OP is someone moving permanently, I'd say spending the first six months in a nice flat that's close to work is a good way to start, she can then take her time to look for the right long-term rental in other suburbs if she likes them better.

Thank you for your input!! I agree, I would prefer living somewhere a little cheaper to begin with and closer to work :)

if proximity and $$$ are the most important factors for you ... then yes, Randwick is definitely going to be your best option ;)

Thank you for your input!! I agree, I would prefer living somewhere a little cheaper to begin with and closer to work :)

Archived