Shipping awaiting quarantine inspection in Sydney

Rolfeyroo

Hi gang, I wonder if you can give me some advice?

We arrived in Sydney on 18th January after shipping our personal effects from the UK on 14th December so that we wouldn't have a huge wait to get our furniture etc to set up home

To date, we still have not received our goods. The container arrived into Sydney on 14th February, goods have been custom cleared and unpacked at the agents warehouse, but it's still awaiting for quarantine inspection. It has been booked to be inspected 3 times now, but it keeps getting put back as the inspectors are apparently too busy.

Removal company used in the uk was Anglo Pacific and their Australian agent who is giving me this info is OSS worldwide.

Any info on how long other people have waited for quarantine/delivery of their goods or how quarantine works in Australia would be appreciated.

Thanks all

Justin.

I have organized all papers for release of the container and the quarantine myself and it was all done within 10 days from arrival of the container. It was around Christmas and they wanted to book the inspection after the holidays but we talked to the company where the goods were stored and they asked the inspector to look at our goods while inspecting somebody else's container. You have to be on their case and following up with them until you get them to inspect the shipment. I am not sure how it works if an agent is organizing it for you. When I called for a quote, the agency asked for over $1000 for just organizing the documents and the quarantine and we decided to do it ourselves.

Archived