Skilled – nominated (subclass 190) visa

wellseytkd

Hi All,

I have recently been looking into the 189 and 190 permanent residency visas. I currently work in IT as a Systems Administrator and there is a very grey area between the skills of a Network & Systems Engineer (on the SOL) and Systems Administrator on the (CSOL) of which I seems to have both sets of skills. I've recently spoken to an emigration adviser who suggested the best route for me would be to apply for the State Nominated 190 visa as a Systems Administrator. What I can't get to the bottoms of, if I am state spponsored in say Queensland do I need a firm job offer in place first or not?

Thanks guys

Tony

No you don't need a job offer. Some people prefer to have a job lined up before they leave the UK, others have more success finding a job once in Australia.

Also, if you get a 190 visa say for being an IT Manager (for example) you don't have to do that exact job once you emigrate. You could actually work at McDonald's. Not that you'd want to :/

Leah

Sent from my D2403 using Tapatalk

There are some states who will only offer nomination for certain occupations if you have a job offer so it's wise to look through each state's website. Not sure about IT but just to point out that the rule for one state or occupation doesn't necessarily apply to them all.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Archived