Form 80 - CO asked for Spouse as well?

mahfuzul80

Thanks KnK.

Well, then I believe I need not to submit Form 1221 for myself. right?

Did not even know form 1221 existed and I just checked it now. I havent filled nor did my agent ask me to.

Also, I dont see what additional information this form has that is applicable to me or wasnt already covered in form 80. Employment info has been asked but I provided that separately anyway.

So no, I havent filled it and cannot say if you have to or not because I am not sure of its relevance!

KnK

I did form 80 for both myself and my spouse. I've traveled extensively and she's from a high risk country. I did them both without being asked as I figured would definitely would be. I looked at form 1221. I was going to do it but decided against it. There's almost nothing of value in there that isn't covered in form 80. We were not asked for it and visas were granted in about 60 days.

I'm not sure, but when I was at the stage you are at I was trying to figure out what the criteria are for those who will be asked. I read more than once that frequent travelers would likely be asked.

In fact, somewhere I read a post from a migration agent that they get all clients to do one and submit it upfront because it's so common to be asked for.

@Wooba - do you think travel has a lot to do with it? I'm pre-empting, and trying to fill out form 80 at the moment, struggling with dates for all the countries I've been to over the year! Hoping dates dont have to be too specific!

Your current and previous passport may help in this regard. For my case, I traveled a lot for last couple of years for my official trip. However, I try to find out entry and exit date at the port and list all travel and declared accordingly.

I think it's important to mention your all travels. If not the visa officer eventually see your passport. And if they found that you didn't declare your travel then it might be problem.

Perhaps if you're not sure of dates you can mention at the bottom of the form that it's to the best of your recollection. I keep all my old emails, so I was able to figure out the dates for everywhere I've been. The exception being the USA, which I've driven to many times for a short stay. I have no idea when those dates would have been and I noted that in my form 80.

Yeah I reckon I have got all my dates correct for the past 10 years, so hopefully that's OK. But Kenya/Nepal/India/Thailand visits are probably high risk. I've also declared a passport lost in 2010 - still had all the number/expiry/etc to give them, so that's really best I can do on that. Then I remembered that I had a Canadian Working Holiday visa declined as I hadnt been in my home country (uk) for the preceding 18months to my application (was travelling Aus/Nz). Just feel like I keep thinking of things which may hold up the application a little. Worrying for no reason at the moment, as haven't been asked for it yet. Time will tell. I've got it pretty much filled out now just incase. Thanks for the advice.

Yeah I reckon I have got all my dates correct for the past 10 years, so hopefully that's OK. But Kenya/Nepal/India/Thailand visits are probably high risk. I've also declared a passport lost in 2010 - still had all the number/expiry/etc to give them, so that's really best I can do on that. Then I remembered that I had a Canadian Working Holiday visa declined as I hadnt been in my home country (uk) for the preceding 18months to my application (was travelling Aus/Nz). Just feel like I keep thinking of things which may hold up the application a little. Worrying for no reason at the moment, as haven't been asked for it yet. Time will tell. I've got it pretty much filled out now just incase. Thanks for the advice.

I've been to North Korea, so don't worry about having been to those countries [emoji1]

It's just best to submit Form 80 for ALL applicants, they ask for it in pretty much 99% of the cases so better to fill it in and front load it to save time. Worse case they dont use and best case we save the time, all in all it's worth just filling it in.......

KnK

• 5 months later...

Hi, I have submitted an app for NSW 190 - I completed the Form 1221 and have had a request for more documents (they just wanted our police certs as we were waiting on them!) our police certs have now been uploaded but we haven't been asked for a Form 80 to be completed nor did I know that we needed to complete a Form 80?! Am I best off completing this or waiting until they ask me for it, if they ever do? Thanks :)

Hi, I have submitted an app for NSW 190 - I completed the Form 1221 and have had a request for more documents (they just wanted our police certs as we were waiting on them!) our police certs have now been uploaded but we haven't been asked for a Form 80 to be completed nor did I know that we needed to complete a Form 80?! Am I best off completing this or waiting until they ask me for it, if they ever do? Thanks :)

Hi, they may well not ask for it, but just in case they do I would get it completed now. Its a nightmare of a form, sooooo long and some questions may take you a little time to answer. For example they want to know all the jobs you've ever had (Inc dates) every time you have left the country in the last 10 years (Inc dates), it is quite time consuming. I was asked for form 80 and form 1221 for both myself and my husband, luckily I had already completed these so I could just upload them. It is best to be prepared I would say and just have it ready to go should they ask for it. Don't forget to complete one for your partner also if they are included on the visa application.

Good luck with it all

Hi, they may well not ask for it, but just in case they do I would get it completed now. Its a nightmare of a form, sooooo long and some questions may take you a little time to answer. For example they want to know all the jobs you've ever had (Inc dates) every time you have left the country in the last 10 years (Inc dates), it is quite time consuming. I was asked for form 80 and form 1221 for both myself and my husband, luckily I had already completed these so I could just upload them. It is best to be prepared I would say and just have it ready to go should they ask for it. Don't forget to complete one for your partner also if they are included on the visa application. Good luck with it all
Thank you very much :)