AHPRA - help

karen666

hi. I am very new to the group but really need help. I have been working as a nurse for 10 years in the UK and have decided to emigrate to australia. I have passed the IELTS exam and now onto registering with ANMAC and AHPRA but am getting so confused with what i need to do, what evidence i need to obtain and who signs it etc. Can anyone help please? Thank you

hi. I am very new to the group but really need help. I have been working as a nurse for 10 years in the UK and have decided to emigrate to australia. I have passed the IELTS exam and now onto registering with ANMAC and AHPRA but am getting so confused with what i need to do, what evidence i need to obtain and who signs it etc. Can anyone help please? Thank you

Hi,

with AHPRA you need;

- statement of service from your employer. Make sure it states how long you have been employed and whether post is permanent and full time including weekly hours, otherwise they will ask you to send another one.

- NMC needs to send statement of entry and verification document directly to APHRA. Go to the nmc website and request one online

- University that you attended needs to send transcript and information about their syllabus (some universities have done this many times they have template ready.

- document you need to send directly to them are as follows. You need to certify them, search online your nearest notary solicitor (make sure you do at least three copies for each, you will need one for ANMAC and scanned copy for when you apply visa)

- passport ID page

- Uni certificate and transcript

- Proof of address (driving licence will do).

for ANMAC you needs all documents as above plus NMC and university sending stated documents (as those required by AHPRA). The only difference is that instead of statement of service from the HR, they require reference from your managers (has to be nurse) covering entire work experience (ie is 10yrs) in your case. They have template on their website, make sure you follow it to the letter. Some manager may not mind writing a draft for them to go through!

Tips; try to request documents from the NMC for both AHPRA and ANMAC on the same application you pay single fee for up to four requests in each application.

submit both ANMAC and AHPRA at around same time, it will save you about three months.

make sure you scan and keep electronic copy for all documents, may be required when applying for visa.

by the way you might as well certify all documents for any dependants (eg child birth certificate, passport, etc) at the same time, you will same money that way.

i think that is pretty much it, oh be prepared to get very frustrated, everything seems to take time, it seems like 12 wks is norm in OZ, very bureaucratic, miss single work on the document will ask you to send another one, no attachment you'll have to post it, that is two weeks wasted, or nearly £40 with dhl!

Hopeful the information is useful.

thanks

Aidenw, you are like my guardian angel. Thank you so much, this makes it so much clearer. I do have a question though, with the statement of services for ANMAC does it have to come through HR or can my ward manager do it like she'll do for AHPRA? Really do appreciate your help. Karen666

With ANMAC you don't need to send statement of service, you need to send reference which has to be more detailed. Basically describing what skills and duties do you perform. That is why only your line manager can do. They require a person who is also registered. It's very important you follow ANMAC template available on their website

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know whether you have to submit evidence of CPD for Aphra. There website appears to be sending me round in circles and they seem to have multiple lists for supporting documents that don't quite match.

You need to list CPD on your CV, but you do not need to submit actual evidence.