Unexpired Passport Confusion

mahfuzul80

Hi All,

I recently renewed my passport since my previous passport going to be expired on October 2016 (same citizenship).

In Form 80 (Ques 10), Do you have any other current passport or travel document?

To answer this question, should I mention the details of my unexpired passport here?

Please suggest.

On any passport we have renewed, the "old" passport has become void. They usually clip the corner off it. So the only valid passport is the new replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, for my case, it is not happened because my previous passport holds a valid US visa till 2019. For this reason, it is not void.

Actually, for my case, it is not happened because my previous passport holds a valid US visa till 2019. For this reason, it is not void.

Ok but when that passport expires oct 2016 in effect the visa goes with it as it is assigned to a then invalid travel document and I for one would not like to test that theory of validity with US immigration who can even give people a hard time just to transit through the US let alone stay there for any period.

Ok but when that passport expires oct 2016 in effect the visa goes with it as it is assigned to a then invalid travel document and I for one would not like to test that theory of validity with US immigration who can even give people a hard time just to transit through the US let alone stay there for any period.

No, it doesn't expire with the passport. I have a US visa in an old expired passport and it's accepted no problem.

Yep i was wrong i admit was just a paranoid view of US immigration https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/826/~/what-to-do-if-my-visa-is-in-an-expired-passport

It's not so bad, apart from getting locked up once for no apparent reason, I've swanned through US customs 50 odd times with no problems. They are always courteous and friendly.

My wife had worse issues with her NZ Passport at UK customs, they were so nasty she was in tears.