Doing 186 visa myself

SusieM

Hi,

We've(me & partner) have just been nominated for a 186 PR visa, I have a TRN number but how do I know if that's approved?

Also does anyone know how long you have to complete the 186 application once you create immi account & at what stage you need to pay the 3,600 + 1,800 for secondary applicant?

Starting to feel a bit overwhelmed, have applied for Australian police cert & just have medicals to do now.

Thanks in advance!

Your employer should let you know when the nomination is approved. After you complete your ImmiAccount, you can complete the application at any time. You must lodge your application no later than 6 months after the nomination is approved, but you can apply any time after the nomination has been lodged.

Once you finish completing the online application, you will submit it and pay the application fees. Once you've paid the fees, you can start uploading your documents.

I presume you are in Australia?

We literally have just been through this and awaiting a CO

On the 186 Temp to Permanent Resident Transition Stream.

After the nomination is lodged you have 6 months to submit the application. If you are in a defacto relationship you will also need to provide evidence of the relationship. If you are from the UK you will probably need to get a UK police certificate.

If you are planning to do the medicals before the case officer requests it you will need to do my health declarations on your immi account to get a HAP ID after receiving the HAP ID you can book a family appointment with BUPA (this is assuming you are in Australia) You can then put the HAP ID in your visa application.

Once you have filled out your application on the last page you'll be asked to pay the balance after which you can begin uploading documents. It will likely take a few months before you get a case officer.

Here is a list of the documents we uploaded some of which we had signed by JP including colour copies of our identity. (Some of these documents may not be relevant to your situation)

Defacto Evidence:

Travel Tickets

All Travel Reciepts

Car Insurance

Valentines Cards

Family Wedding Invite 2013

Xmas Cards 2014

Xmas Cards 2015

Photographs Undated

Photographs Dated

Electricity Bills.pdf

Form 888 x 2

ISP Bills

Financial Statements - Joint

Joint Relationship Statement

Telephone Bills

Lease

Other Documents:

Birth Certificates Full

Employment Contract

Drivers Licences

Occupational Licence/Registration, Evidence of

Language Ability - English, Evidence of (UK Passport)

Travel Document (Passports)

Address - Residential, Evidence of

Bank Statements - Personal

Australian Federal Police Clearances

UK Police Certificates

Academic Transcripts

All Educational Certificates

Declaration Form Paying for visa

We decided to leave out the hellish form 80 to see if they requested it.

Hope this helps.

Archived