Claiming points for work experience

louisella

Apologies if this sounds like a daft question but...

When claiming points for work experience, I see the following:

To claim points for skilled employment you must have, in the 10 years before you were invited to apply, at least 20 hours of paid work per week in your nominated skilled occupation and/or a closely related occupation

So if Person A has worked part time (20 hours) for say the last three years and Person B has worked full time (35+ hours) for the same period, are they both eligible to claim 3 years work experience or is it done pro-rata? It seems a little unfair if they can both claim the same

Apologies if this sounds like a daft question but...

When claiming points for work experience, I see the following:

To claim points for skilled employment you must have, in the 10 years before you were invited to apply, at least 20 hours of paid work per week in your nominated skilled occupation and/or a closely related occupation

So if Person A has worked part time (20 hours) for say the last three years and Person B has worked full time (35+ hours) for the same period, are they both eligible to claim 3 years work experience or is it done pro-rata? It seems a little unfair if they can both claim the same

Yes that's exactly right.

I don't see that it's unfair though, they have to draw a line somewhere and 20 hours what they chose.

Archived