Can we go for a 457 visa and 189 or 489 visas concurrently?

Needtoknow

Hi I wonder if anyone can help please?

Is it possible to find an employer to sponsor us on a 457 visa, but at the same time, have skills assessments, English tests etc. then apply for a skilled independent 189 or skilled nominated 489 when and if we can get enough evidence ready?

Yes it's possible IF you can find an employer to sponsor you.

If I was that employer though, and you let it slip that that was your plan, I probably wouldn't sponsor you because it looks like you just want the 457 to get in to the country quickly, then leave when your skilled independent visa gets granted. Employers have a lot of expensive obligations and hoops to jump through to be able to sponsor in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it's possible IF you can find an employer to sponsor you.

If I was that employer though, and you let it slip that that was your plan, I probably wouldn't sponsor you because it looks like you just want the 457 to get in to the country quickly, then leave when your skilled independent visa gets granted. Employers have a lot of expensive obligations and hoops to jump through to be able to sponsor in the first place.

I can see how it may look, but it would simply be for peace of mind. However, it would obviously be financially difficult and also double the work so, on reflection, it's not an option. We will just have to hope we get PR asap.

Archived