Looking for work, but where?.....

JEM44

Hi there, we make the move to Perth at the end of May 16 so we aren't really in a position to start work until June, I had therefore thought that I would start applying after Easter, just in the hope of securing something before we leave the UK.

However, after our reccie, we decided we liked the area of Woodvale and the secondary school there. So why do all the jobs I see seem to be in Freemantle?? or South of the River???

Now I know it will be difficult as we don't know the areas, but if I took a new job here I wouldn't move my kids school, I would just commute, but it seems such a strange thing looking for work not really knowing what that commute might look like or if we do secure work we may as well move location.

My question is, what have others done? got work and then decided on location? but what if we don't secure work, we need to move and get the kids into school and then what? Just apply in the locale?

Help/.... I'm going crazy looking at this, and just out of curiosity where is classed as East Perth?

Thanks

Laura

Hi there, we make the move to Perth at the end of May 16 so we aren't really in a position to start work until June, I had therefore thought that I would start applying after Easter, just in the hope of securing something before we leave the UK.

However, after our reccie, we decided we liked the area of Woodvale and the secondary school there. So why do all the jobs I see seem to be in Freemantle?? or South of the River???

Now I know it will be difficult as we don't know the areas, but if I took a new job here I wouldn't move my kids school, I would just commute, but it seems such a strange thing looking for work not really knowing what that commute might look like or if we do secure work we may as well move location.

My question is, what have others done? got work and then decided on location? but what if we don't secure work, we need to move and get the kids into school and then what? Just apply in the locale?

Help/.... I'm going crazy looking at this, and just out of curiosity where is classed as East Perth?

Thanks

Laura

If you are in maylands and you go up the river into Perth, you go through East Perth. It was a slum, but had a major facelift a few years back and is quite trendy.

Woodvale is nice, and the school is reportedly good. I'd consider it myself.

What do you do?

Thanks for that, I'll get looking on Google maps and make some notes.

I work in Health & Safety. There doesn't look to be too much out there at the minute and I'm discounting anything that is FIFO. Hbby would kill me if we went all this way for me to fly off again!!

Laura

Archived