Air con service Recommendations, brisbanes bayside.

scubaslocs

Hi,

Can anybody recommend a good air con service guy/company around the bayside area of bris-Vegas?

My units are both just starting to play up.

thanks

Carl

We are on the bayside too, and having trouble finding someone just to give ours a service. We have someone whom can come out in about 3 weeks, not sure what they are like yet but charge $260 per unit for a general look at it service so I am expecting some extra for parts etc.

We just looked in the local free paper and local yellow pages and just went with the best response, but a large % not interested for some reason. I can get you their name tomorrow if you want?

We are on the bayside too, and having trouble finding someone just to give ours a service. We have someone whom can come out in about 3 weeks, not sure what they are like yet but charge $260 per unit for a general look at it service so I am expecting some extra for parts etc.

We just looked in the local free paper and local yellow pages and just went with the best response, but a large % not interested for some reason. I can get you their name tomorrow if you want?

There is nothing to "service" on an air con. if you keep the filters clean, and make sure the outdoor unit doesn't have obstructions there's nothing to service on them. I would save your money. If they are not cooling or leaking water/noisy etc then that is a different matter. Just bear in mind that they are heat pump so will struggle when temperatures get really high outside. And turning down the temperature does not make colder air come out of the unit, it just changes when the unit cycles on/off.

Guest The Pom Queen

Wow I thought up here was expensive, they charge $165 per unit.

Guest The Pom Queen
There is nothing to "service" on an air con. if you keep the filters clean, and make sure the outdoor unit doesn't have obstructions there's nothing to service on them. I would save your money. If they are not cooling or leaking water/noisy etc then that is a different matter. Just bear in mind that they are heat pump so will struggle when temperatures get really high outside. And turning down the temperature does not make colder air come out of the unit, it just changes when the unit cycles on/off.

What if they start smelling perfumey lol. Ours does but not all the time.

What if they start smelling perfumey lol. Ours does but not all the time.

Perfume - Now that's not a term I've heard before. Smells are usually due to environental issues (when the unit is running - curry is a good one)or if the unit is turned off and water left on the evaporator coil that then sits and can smell.

Guest The Pom Queen
Perfume - Now that's not a term I've heard before. Smells are usually due to environental issues (when the unit is running - curry is a good one)or if the unit is turned off and water left on the evaporator coil that then sits and can smell.

It's a little like flower pollen. Or even bird dander.

Thanks for that, I generally know how the things work and run. However the units are now over 7 years old and other than cleaning the return air filters and hosing off the outside units they have not been touched, so not sure how everything else is like gas level/pressure or the possibility of say any fan bearings in need of lubrication. I had the outside units so positioned that they are in the shade most of the day.

Thanks for that, I generally know how the things work and run. However the units are now over 7 years old and other than cleaning the return air filters and hosing off the outside units they have not been touched, so not sure how everything else is like gas level/pressure or the possibility of say any fan bearings in need of lubrication. I had the outside units so positioned that they are in the shade most of the day.

The unit is sealed. It will not leak if it is installed properly, they do not need topping up - having too much gas makes the unit less efficient. Bearings are all sealed and to be honest if it not squealing should last as long as the rest of the unit.

The unit is sealed. It will not leak if it is installed properly, they do not need topping up - having too much gas makes the unit less efficient. Bearings are all sealed and to be honest if it not squealing should last as long as the rest of the unit.

You need to convince my wife!............................................you will have more chance of getting a kiss off the pope! thanks for your input though.

Guest The Pom Queen
You might want to check you don't have mice using the unit as a home. They pee/crap everywhere and the smell gets pushed out.

No mice in there, I thought maybe geckos but they usually stink.

Guest The Pom Queen
You need to convince my wife!............................................you will have more chance of getting a kiss off the pope! thanks for your input though.

Umm I think I'd be on your wife's side on this. We had someone out when the aircon broke and he said gas had been leaking from the two new units. Unfortunately as we bought the house that month we had no idea who installed them originally, shonky workmen.

Umm I think I'd be on your wife's side on this. We had someone out when the aircon broke and he said gas had been leaking from the two new units. Unfortunately as we bought the house that month we had no idea who installed them originally, shonky workmen.

Leaks are almost always due to poor workmanship, very rarely a manufacturing defect. even the smallest leak will empty the unit quickly. After 7 years it won't have a leak.

Archived