186 visa cost for the employer

kate1985

Hey guys!

So my employer seems to be happy to sponsor me to work with them which is great news. I'm trying to push for the 186 direct entry approach as I meet all the requirements (3 years experience, on the CSOL list etc) but I need to find out what the fees are for the employer.

From what I'v e found for the employer, the 186 cost is $540 for the nomination fee.

The 457 says there is a nomination fee of $420 for the sponsorship and a $330 fee for the nomination. I've also heard of an additional $80 (ish) fee for a nomination charge but I'm not sure.

Are there any additional fees for the employer under the 186 or is it just the $540? Or are there extra fees like the 457?

Thanks Guys!

Hey guys!

So my employer seems to be happy to sponsor me to work with them which is great news. I'm trying to push for the 186 direct entry approach as I meet all the requirements (3 years experience, on the CSOL list etc) but I need to find out what the fees are for the employer.

From what I'v e found for the employer, the 186 cost is $540 for the nomination fee.

The 457 says there is a nomination fee of $420 for the sponsorship and a $330 fee for the nomination. I've also heard of an additional $80 (ish) fee for a nomination charge but I'm not sure.

Are there any additional fees for the employer under the 186 or is it just the $540? Or are there extra fees like the 457?

Thanks Guys!

For a subclass 186 the employer is not compelled to pay for anything. All costs can be paid by the visa applicant. It all comes down to what you can negotiate with the employer. The cost for the nomination is $540 (plus credit card fees), however the bigger expense will be putting the actual nomination application together, as this will be time consuming for the employer and require substantial documentation.

If however you are applying for a subclass 457, the employer must pay all costs associated with the sponsorship and nomination. Either party can pay the visa costs.

Archived