Desperately seeing advice

PerfectPerth

Good morning all,

My fiance and I are attempting to apply for the 189 visa by ourselves, we cannot afford agent fees and hence would REALLY appreciate your advice on the following.

Bit of background - we are living in Perth on a 457 visa - Fiances employer won't sponsor us for PR.

Yesterday we received a positive skills assessment from Engineers Australia and have been classified as an Engineering Technologist.

We made the rooky mistake of not looking into this enough and after reflection, should have also requested the relevant work experience assessment too.

We have yet to lodge our EOI as we are worried how we are going to prove his skilled employment experience.

Is it a good idea to fork out the extra money and go back to Engineers Australia to obtain the relevant work experience assessment?

OR

Should we submit our EOI based on the work experience he has and start to gather the documents that DIAC will require (i.e pay slips etc)

Has anyone been through this process and NOT gone down the additional assessment route?

We are pushed for time and by going down the additional assessment route, we will miss the next draw for EOI's and the ceiling for applicants is already pushed.

A very worried and stressed Pom :(

Good morning all,

My fiance and I are attempting to apply for the 189 visa by ourselves, we cannot afford agent fees and hence would REALLY appreciate your advice on the following.

Bit of background - we are living in Perth on a 457 visa - Fiances employer won't sponsor us for PR.

Yesterday we received a positive skills assessment from Engineers Australia and have been classified as an Engineering Technologist.

We made the rooky mistake of not looking into this enough and after reflection, should have also requested the relevant work experience assessment too.

We have yet to lodge our EOI as we are worried how we are going to prove his skilled employment experience.

Is it a good idea to fork out the extra money and go back to Engineers Australia to obtain the relevant work experience assessment?

OR

Should we submit our EOI based on the work experience he has and start to gather the documents that DIAC will require (i.e pay slips etc)

Has anyone been through this process and NOT gone down the additional assessment route?

We are pushed for time and by going down the additional assessment route, we will miss the next draw for EOI's and the ceiling for applicants is already pushed.

A very worried and stressed Pom :(

I'm pretty sure that the employment assessment opinion from EA is not mandatory. If a person can prove they've got the required experience with employment letters, payslips, contracts etc then that is generally enough to satisfy the department.

They may wish to follow up with phone calls, letters or emails to current or past employers if there is insufficient evidence or if they need further info.

You should be ok to go ahead and make the EOI submission.

Don't worry about the ceiling limit, it is highly unlikely to be reached during this programme year.

Archived