Work for accountants around Perth

Guest Ndoyle

Hi

Just wondering what the job market for accountants around the Perth area is like at the moment. I have ten years post qualification experience and have worked in an general practice, as a company accountant and now as assistant director of finance in a university.

Would welcome any comments and advice.

thanks!:cool:

Hi Ndoyle

The market at the more senior level is pretty quiet and has been for the last 18 months. The FC/CFO level doesn't currently see a great deal of movement but it will turn at some point. The more junior $90k-$120k level seems a bit more buoyant so if you are happy to take that salary level for a while then you may be okay. Just bear in mind that there are a number of more senior people waiting for the market to turn in order to get roles at the level they are used to and they could be deemed to be more desirable to their experience in the local market when things get better so you may be in a lower paid role than you would normally expect.

If you would like me to give you the details of some good recruiters I work with here drop me a PM and I will reply with their names and numbers. Let them know that I gave you their details and at the very least they will have an honest conversation with you. I will give you my full name when I send you their details. One comment made to me by one of them last year was that they were willing to register new applicants from out of state but weren't able to do much for them due to the numbers of local accountants vying for the roles which are coming up.

If you have any more specific questions please feel free to pm me. The market isn't brilliant at the moment but if you are intent on heading over I would ensure that you have a pretty decent financial buffer, be prepared to start in a lower role than you are qualified/experienced for and be flexible on location / be willing to commute.

Good luck

Si